Thread: 2008 GMC Sierra Tune

Tuner in Training

2008 GMC Sierra Tune

Hey guys im trying to get more power what should i do for torque management? Attached is my tune up. I changed my enrichment rate, enable rpm, delay rpm, and torque management in trans settings.

Tuner
    07 Avalanche Exhaust & CAI

Tuner in Training
    i already read both of those. played with PE and decay and found it burned fuel really really bad. where should i go to remove most of the TM? thanks

Well don't go setting your Enrichment rate all the way up to 2. 1.5 is good. When changing your PE Enable versus TPS, make sure you don't set it down into normal driving throttle percentages or else it will burn an ass load of fuel and you won't ever have an OL/CL oscilation. Adjust timing accordingly. Timing makes all the differences for power. Make sure your MAF is adjusted correctly too. Do you have a Wideband?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Well don't go setting your Enrichment rate all the way up to 2. 1.5 is good. When changing your PE Enable versus TPS, make sure you don't set it down into normal driving throttle percentages or else it will burn an ass load of fuel and you won't ever have an OL/CL oscilation. Adjust timing accordingly. Timing makes all the differences for power. Make sure your MAF is adjusted correctly too. Do you have a Wideband?
    Unless there is a change in logic between the years there will literally be no difference between 1.5 and 2 or 1. If you are currently at an EQ ratio of 1.0 (stoich) and you stomp the pedal, the enrichment rate you set will be added every 12.5ms (again assuming this hasn't sped up in later models) until you reach your target. So, assuming you are targeting 1.15 or so you will almost instantly (well 12.5ms later) be there because you only 0.15 to go assuming your other triggers are met ie MAP, TPS, delay time, delay RPM if set.

I hope I explained that clearly enough.

So, as long as you don't have it set like some trucks at 0.0xx then 1 is effectively instant and no different to 1.5 or 2 or 20.

Tuner in Training
    i dont have a wideband. when you say MAF adjusted properly what do you mean and where should i adjust my timing? im new at this (obviously) but have been reading lots and just find its hard to find what exactly does what etc.
    anyway thanks for the tips. much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    Unless there is a change in logic between the years there will literally be no difference between 1.5 and 2 or 1. If you are currently at an EQ ratio of 1.0 (stoich) and you stomp the pedal, the enrichment rate you set will be added every 12.5ms (again assuming this hasn't sped up in later models) until you reach your target. So, assuming you are targeting 1.15 or so you will almost instantly (well 12.5ms later) be there because you only 0.15 to go assuming your other triggers are met ie MAP, TPS, delay time, delay RPM if set.

I hope I explained that clearly enough.

So, as long as you don't have it set like some trucks at 0.0xx then 1 is effectively instant and no different to 1.5 or 2 or 20.

All in all so far as the new Gen IV stuff goes, as I understand it, 1 is equivalent to Base Factor with no Multiplication. Essentially 12.5Ms later you come up with the same exact enrichment value as you started with. But now if you go above 1, you multiply your standard Stoich value and with this the ECM has modified the oncoming fuel versus the time that it gets there. On your standard block cars if you watch one that has their enrichment rate set up to 2, when you mash the gas off idle they will hesitate slightly longer and puff black smoke everytime, versus the same car with a 1.5 or 1 Enrichment rate, as the 2 Enrichment rate value Over-Enriches, causing a Rich condition until it leans itself and burns excessive fuel.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Quote Originally Posted by evan_880 View Post
    i dont have a wideband. when you say MAF adjusted properly what do you mean and where should i adjust my timing? im new at this (obviously) but have been reading lots and just find its hard to find what exactly does what etc.
    anyway thanks for the tips. much appreciated.
    I suggest getting one, but that's if you wanna get real Nitty Gritty with your tune, especially at WOT, and if you have the money to spend. Now, I didn't even look at your tune, however so far as timing goes..... down low 16 is a good starting point for a 9:0:1 Compression ratio engine running 87 or better Octane, and probably upwards of 23 in higher RPM. You can add as necessary for more power or if you're running fuel with bigger bangification and slower burn rates, but be careful. Knock is a killer. Fueling is the second thing. Read more posts to adjust overall fueling. Don't go dangerously lean in search of 2 more horsepower. It's not worth it. Study up on Transient fuel. There's alot of power to be unlocked by tweaking those tables. Adjusting MAF, meaning for you to watch your Long Term Fuel Trims. If they are off then your MAF needs tweaking (I.E. LT is +3 then you add 3 percent to the corresponding cell in your MAF Hz table to correct the lean condition) When making a log, Make sure you are scanning with MAF Hz installed into your Main Table feature. An Accurate MAF = More overall horsepower, more smoothness in acceleration transition, and less general ECM confusion.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Oh! and on your TM, that'll be found underneath your Transmission section. If you're running a 6L trans, then you have like 50 different tables to play with. :O Are you AWD?

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    no not AWD. just 4wd and its the 6.0l
    thanks for all the help ill see what i can do. takes a while to learn thats forsure but enjoable none the less.
    thanks

Tuner in Training
    also a dumb question but where will i find the timing? thanks

no not AWD. just 4wd and its the 6.0l
    thanks for all the help ill see what i can do. takes a while to learn thats forsure but enjoable none the less.
    thanks
    Ok than go ahead with removing some of the Tq Management. If you were AWD I wouldn't reccommend it. And yes enjoyable indeed.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

also a dumb question but where will i find the timing? thanks
    Timing is located under engine>spark>(subicon) Timing Advance. High Octane is the main table, Low Octane is a reference for the ECM to use under heavy knock.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray