Thread: 6L80 2nd gear lag after shift?

Potential Tuner

6L80 2nd gear lag after shift?

if i come out of the hole @ WOT, OR if i punch it from a roll(say 20-30mph) and it down shits to 1st. when the car shifts to 2nd, it goes dead on power for a while. a few moments later, it comes back alive and all is well.

this only happens once in a while, but i cant seem to find out why.

i see no kr, tq mgt isnt pulling any timeing, ect. I cant seem to identify a single reason why it does this. it feels like traction control kicks in, even though i most definitely turn it off.

thought?

thanks!!!!

Tuner in Training
    i have the same problem with a 2010 camaro

Senior Tuner
    the trucks have the same issue.

nothing shows up in the logs either on the motor side. i try something with efilive and see if i can get rid of it

Is it only after you shift with the paddles and then go back to auto? At the track, we discovered the lag happened after doing a burnout using paddles and then shifting directly back to auto. The fix was to shift through reverse and then back to auto. No lag after putting the selector through the gears.

2007 3LT Z51 A6 Coupe, Kooks Headers, NPP Exhaust, Vararam, Ported Intake & TB, TBS, 160*Stat,
    B&M Trans Cooler, HPtuners, Line-Lock, Racemesh, Z06 Rear Guards
    Best 1/4 ET: 11.87 @ 120.02
    1998 Convertible - Car used in the filming of "Mr Deeds". SOLD

Senior Tuner
    mine is on the manual downshift. going 30 mph in 4th 5th whatever and drop it in manual mode and take it down to 2nd. hit it, it feels weak as all get out, until i shift to third. then it comes back on power.