Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Injectors Not Firing

Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    Word. Have you tried running independent coils on any of the imports? One of my best friends has a 7M supra but with a 1JZGTE swap in it. Went to a stinger standalone (still with wasted spark though ) to get it all running right. Tuned it, but the tip in towards boost would break up the spark bad above 20psi. The ECU runs a dumb coil signal, so I said screw it and brewed up a LS coil swap, sooooooooo much better. I can't even describe the change other than it being a whole new car lol. Just the ignition upgrade was at least 30-40rwhp on the butt dyno. Anyways, figured I'd throw that out there since we're talking ignition, well worth it!

On this set up the customer brought in rc 1600cc low imp. injectors.. They Suck! No fuel control at low pw.. So we had to get a injector driver modual as the injectors and coils effect each other on this platform and caused the problems you had happen. The driver modual keeps the spark problem to a minimum but still no low pw control. I tried talking him into some 2000cc Injector Dynamic injectors but he barked at the price! Oh well.. The car was built by one shop the engine by another shop and was told by two more they could not tune it.. He brought it to us and we found a few problems and correct a few things and now she screams.

I like the trick ignition setup you did!

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Ahhhh yeah low imp fun. I have a feeling that the injectors in a truck I was doing an emergency tune on Friday morning were low imp. Idle was lean as hell no matter how much fuel I added (2bar SD OS on GenIII), and as soon as it would make the transition from no throttle to mid throttle the motor would break up because of a crazy rich condition. Took the fuel out until I got down to 30-40 in the VE (scaled tune) and still 20% rich. The wideband I know was right because we tested it in another vehicle. Long story short, it ran enough for the heatwave autocross deal in Austin.

Here's a shot of the coil setup. It was so easy. Got some fbody LS1 plug wires, chopped two coils off a truck bracket, took some plugs from a hacked up harness, and rigged it up. Best mod for an hour of install/fab time.

'20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Nice! You did adjust the dwel setting I assume!! lol

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Lol yeah, the stock 7M igniter limits dwell to I think 2ms, we bumped it up to 2.8 and it felt really good on a BR7EF. Cold start fires right up now
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon