Thread: Will Battery Disconnect Reset Tune ?

Will Battery Disconnect Reset Tune ?

I have a tune in a truck that the driver says it seems to not be as good as when 1st tuned.

I told him it may be the summer heat or lousy fuel but will look into it.

I was wondering if the fact he is not a led foot perhaps some fuzzy logic type of self learning may have came into play?

If I tell him to disconnect the battery over night will this do a kind of reset of anything the vehicle has possibly done on its own?
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Advanced Tuner
    To answer 'will battery Disconnect Reset tune?' the answer is no.

What does occur though, is any RAM stored information such as LTFT or LTITs will be zeroed, and if a tune was tuned without these reset or just a crap tune, you will notice.

I cant comment on the tune being lousy...
    Some of it depends how the ECM was left... as in adaptive settings.
    Any 'Learning; will be wiped if the appropriate fuses and/or battery is disconnected for a period of time.

Thanks your answer was what I was looking for.

Thanks for your patience with my poorly phrased question. I didn't mean reset to stock.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ