Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switched to 2 bar, car won't start....

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    This is why I run a tuning shop. I hate to say it but info isn't readily free anymore.
    so your saying you know how to fix it? But you won't tell me because I don't want to trailer my car 4 hours to your shop? ... why did you bother to post?

sorry for not

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS-Man View Post
    Your not crazy, it's in the tune some how.
    I've got a '02 Vette 3 bar doing the same thing right now. It seems like it's VATS related or something. After cycling the key several times the pump will prime for 3 seconds like it's suppose to and then the car starts fine. I've finished tuning the car and everything. I'm gonna try doing the VATS relearn again.

The one thing about this car, we didn't have his stock tune file to convert to 3 bar. So I had to pull a stock '02 Z06 from the repository and convert it. That made me leary to begin with and now I'm having this issue.

Car made 840rwhp/720rwtq and now I'm chasing this goofy bug.
    Looks like I'll be doing the same thing monday night.....

Thanks for the peace of mind that it might still be in the computer somewhere.

I would still think that you need to start from the first step.. stock file and apply the 2 and or 3 bar enhanced and save it. then make your changes and flash the pcm and see what happens.

have seen a few that for what ever reason did not set right with the 1st apply and had to try it again. I have also uploaded a segment swap to hptuners forum and someone else downloaded it and flashed it with bad results. after redownloading it and flashing it it worked great for them.
    Last edited by Google; 11-15-2010 at 06:34 AM.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

did this get resolved?

Still haven't fixed the one I tuned. I reflashed it and it still randomly does the no start issue.

Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    give this a shot. from one of google post. go to system set prndl and columnlock to disabled. set fail fuelcut vss to 255. vats-none. good luck.
    Tried that already. No go.

Tuner
    I haven't tried the last one yet.. but will maybe tonight.

So far i've plugged in the VCM scanner, when i click fuel pump on it comes on for 5 seconds.. so it's not a mechanical problem. ( i can rule out fuel pressure regulator?? )

have tried to put the stock file on the computer. still won't fully some on and go through the prime cycle, then upt the 2 bar OS on that file, made changes.. nothing.

RPS-Man, i was hoping for your success that sounds like an awesome vette.

I have even thought of getting another ECM and trying it.driving me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by RMS-Man View Post
    Still haven't fixed the one I tuned. I reflashed it and it still randomly does the no start issue.

randomly? was it always random or was it all the time and now it is just random?

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K WS6 View Post
    So far i've plugged in the VCM scanner, when i click fuel pump on it comes on for 5 seconds.. so it's not a mechanical problem. ( i can rule out fuel pressure regulator?? )
    if you turn on the fuel pump with the scanner it stays on for 5 sec and shuts off??

if you turn the fuel pump on with the scanner it should stay on until you click off! I use it to drain the fuel tank on cars for fuel pump replacement all the time..

yes you can rule out the regulator..

i had a similar issue on my transplant. also googles right on with using the scanner for running the pump. it should not shut off until you say so. i had a bad brand new relay right out of the package from advance auto. it worked for about a day and then tapered off to nothing. i thought my new pump died until i ran the fuel pump signal full time. FDEusing the scanner to troubleshoot fuel system bugs is damn handy.