Thread: afr drop in boost with gear change.

Advanced Tuner

afr drop in boost with gear change.

i have a question about WOT in boost afr. my afr when i first get into boost and all through 1st gear my afr is 11.2-11.5 just where i want it. but when it shifts into 2nd the afr starts to dip to about 10.5-10.8 then in third it starts to drop even more. like almost into the 9's. what could be causing this? its kind of annoying.
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/turb...mph_741849.htm

Tuner in Training
    Where is your turbo mounted & is your intake air temperature sensor still in your mass air flow sensor?

Tuner in Training
    I had the same think happen to me in 2004 turbocharged avalanche . the intake air temp was going up with turbo heat ,the computer was commanding more fuel to cool the engine .So I moved the intake air sensor in front of the turbo by the air filter . My turbo is remote mounted under the truck. I lift the mass air flow sensor in place ,by the throttle body ,cut the temp wires & rerouted them to another sensor.Hope this helps.