Thread: Max Fuel Qty vs Airmass vs RPM

Tuner in Training

Max Fuel Qty vs Airmass vs RPM

Ive been wondering if I could increase the spool up speed of the turbo by increasing the Max fuel qty vs Airmass vs RPM table to allow more fuel at lower boosts. I was thinking letting it have more fuel would build some more heat the turbo could make use of. Could I cause damage to something or would this be something good to try? Thoughts?

Tuner in Training
    I guess if no one thinks it would be a really bad idea I will try messing with it tonight and see what happens lol.

Just take small steps...

Also, your MAF scaling can limit fueling especially in the lower rpms/throttle areas...

What year/motor truck?
    06 LBZ DMax / 6spd Allison 4x4 ACSB - Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | Holley HP150 / BD Filter setup | hood stack | Homebuilt IC pipes | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Black951's | Coolingmist stg1 | ISSpro | PPE | self lowered 3/5 | Roll Pan 12.6@105 5800ft (stock trans)
    02 WRX w/ STi 6spd - Self built/tuned Holset setup w/ a buttload of other goodies 11.75@119mph 4800ft (stock block) Built Motor finished!
    TJI Tuning

Tuner in Training
    What table are you refering to on the MAF scaling? Its an 02 LB7.

Tuner in Training
    I've been messing with that table myself, and this is what I experienced: When I increased the quantities the truck had better response from the pedal. It seemed like it just took a little bit of throttle and the truck was moving. When I decrease the quantities, it felt like it needed more throttle get the truck moving and keep it moving. I actually got worse mileage with the quantities decreased from stock.

What I did next is increase the quantities from 600 to 1600 RPM, and then taper back down beyond 1600 RPM. It seems to be better, but not as good as increasing the whole table.

I thought that this table control the air fuel ratio, but it's just a fuel quantity limiter based on the parameters. I am not sure under what circumstances it's relevant. In other words, I'm not sure why the ECM wouldn't be ok with looking at the pulse width, and then no further with nothing limiting from there.
    2005 Silverado 3500
    LLY Duramax
    Replaced injectors @ 128k miles
    Removed EGR
    PCV reroute
    LBZ turbo mouth piece
    3" intake bridge with 3" intercooler piping
    LBZ injection pump
    Custom GT4094VA
    Custom 3.5" down pipe
    Boost and EGT gauges

Tuner in Training
    Are you talking about the MAF airflow vs Voltage, or Estimated airflow vs Total fuel qty vs RPM?
    2002 Chevy 2500HD LB7 Duramax
    Silverline 4" exhaust and HPT tune