Thread: 2009 Silverado 4.8 Liter Tune

2009 Silverado 4.8 Liter Tune

Here is my stock tune for my 2009 Silverado Crew Cab with the 4.8 Liter.

I haven't bought the credits for the tune yet, but was looking for some insight and some help on a good tune for that extra power and bottom end TQ, the truck is a big O pig from a stop and will not even spin the tires even while power breaking lol.. but starts to show the power after 3K RPM's.

Truck is 100% stock from factory. I was also looking for a good configuration file to look at. This is a little different than tuning the HHR SS that I had months ago, there are a lot more things to tune on this vehicle.

Right now I have the Stock Tune file and I will post up a scan in a little while.

Thanks, Geoff.

Just updated this with 2 log files.
    Last edited by GeoffH; 09-10-2010 at 11:56 AM.

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Timing, PE, Launch Spark, the usual OL and CL mods.....
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

What are the OL and CL mods?

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    You are getting WOT ok so down low the timing would appear to be the major shortfall, or lack of .

Open Loop and Closed Loop, fuel/air modifiers and whatnot.... Um I'll get more specific once you start asking more questions on the tune. And yes I agree, timing is a major factor down low. I try to tell everyone to make your high octane and low octane tables as smooth as possible. Prevents burst knock retard and makes the errors in ECM log much easier to read so you can make proper tuning adjustments.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    Max out the Torque Management there should be a limitation upto 3k RPMs just like the 5.3s

That makes it spin from Zer0 ...

Quote Originally Posted by ne0c0de View Post
    Max out the Torque Management there should be a limitation upto 3k RPMs just like the 5.3s

That makes it spin from Zer0 ...
    Agreed, in the transmission section go through all your gears and set the Max allowed engine torque all the way up too. Will help. Also you can goof around with the Torque Converter stall and lockup points which will help with acceleration, and done correctly will keep the truck from commanding DFCO. Be careful with it though so you don't burn it up.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Thanks guys for the input, When I get the tune liscensed, I will make some adjustments.

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned