Thread: help with tune please. i suck

Tuner in Training

help with tune please. i suck

1. why does the truck pull timing when it goes in 2nd and even more in third?
    2. how do i get my maf line straight cause i dont think it should look the way it does.
    3. anything else you see wrong let me know so i can fit it...reading an advance tuning book but it has alot of crap in it.
    first tune n log where the first run of the night
    second tune and log are the last tune of the night

The MAF curve looks just like it should, thats the shape you look for. I cant tell you if its correct or not, but thats the correct shape.

I glanced quickly and your ETC TPS Max vs % Max torque should have the entire table set to 100%.

Advanced Tuner
    First, is this still an 02 Silverado 4x4 1500 with a 5.3 and 4L60E?

If it is, then your tune is all kinds of messed up...

First, you have stoich set at 12.68
    Second, you have your injectors setup for ~75 lbhr
    Third, your PE table is hacked
    Fourth, your PE enable TPS is at 0
    Fifth, your COT table is hacked

And more... There is such a thing as too much fuel

Tuner in Training
    i have an s10 with a 6.0 and a t70 @ 6psi with 60lbs injectors.

what should it be?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 97ls1s10 View Post
    i have an s10 with a 6.0 and a t70 @ 6psi with 60lbs injectors.

what should it be?
    That's even worse, then. Why not start with a 6.0 tune? Instead of trying to piece together a tune that's not even for your rig/motor? And to top it off with a turbo.

As for PE TPS enable, definately not 0. How about 40?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    That's even worse, then. Why not start with a 6.0 tune? Instead of trying to piece together a tune that's not even for your rig/motor? And to top it off with a turbo.

As for PE TPS enable, definately not 0. How about 40?
    the guy that did mt harness said he put the bin file for the motor to a 6.0. you cant use a 6.0 computer because it is for the 4l80

Advanced Tuner
    the guy that did mt harness said he put the bin file for the motor to a 6.0. you cant use a 6.0 computer because it is for the 4l80
    how about a segment swap ?? dont know much about them personally but thats what I would be asking about before going further to see if its possible

PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you can. Any SUV (Yukon for example) will have the 6.0 and 4l60e combo. You are correct about a truck, though. Keep in mind too, a 6.0 will shred a 4l60e unless it's built with all case hardened parts. And even then you are pushing it - especially with the turbo.

Compare your tune to a 5.3 and 6.0 tune. There are WAAAYYYY more differences on the 6.0 tune. You have a 5.3 tune and all he did was change the "engine size" and volume numbers. Also compare your segments to what that vin would have - they match 100%.

Tuning isn't rocket science, but you've gotta have the correct foundation - or enough experience to build your own foundation. Not to put you down, but you don't have that experience based on your tune - because it's still a 5.3 tune. If you had the knowledge, then it would fit the 6.0 better. So my point is, get a 6.0 tune in there, change the injectors to match your 60#'ers and then see how it runs. Then correct the inconsistencies from there - ie don't just make the changes first.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    Yes you can. Any SUV (Yukon for example) will have the 6.0 and 4l60e combo. You are correct about a truck, though. Keep in mind too, a 6.0 will shred a 4l60e unless it's built with all case hardened parts. And even then you are pushing it - especially with the turbo.

Compare your tune to a 5.3 and 6.0 tune. There are WAAAYYYY more differences on the 6.0 tune. You have a 5.3 tune and all he did was change the "engine size" and volume numbers. Also compare your segments to what that vin would have - they match 100%.

Tuning isn't rocket science, but you've gotta have the correct foundation - or enough experience to build your own foundation. Not to put you down, but you don't have that experience based on your tune - because it's still a 5.3 tune. If you had the knowledge, then it would fit the 6.0 better. So my point is, get a 6.0 tune in there, change the injectors to match your 60#'ers and then see how it runs. Then correct the inconsistencies from there - ie don't just make the changes first.
    which segments are you talking about and how can i open them? and my injectors are changed they are 60lbs at 40psi so they are 75lbs at 60psi. im new to tuning so im still learning. i know my tune needs alot more work because its not running the times it should and it keeps pulling timing from idk where

Advanced Tuner
    Open HPTuners>edit>calibration details>controller details
    All of those segments are 5.3 segments and not 6.0.
    You can't 'open' them, as they make up the tune. So technically you are viewing them, while viewing the tune. However, some can't be changed with HPTuners.
    No worries, though. You just need to start with a 6.0 tune first.

Here is a bone stock 05 Hummer tune with a Magna Charger (supercharger). 6.0 and 4l60e running 8 psi of boost. Maybe compare the two files and see what's up. This is the tune that ships with the Magna Charger, not one that I made or modified. But look at the cal ID's....

Tuner in Training
    ill take a look into that. but do you have any clue why it pulls more timing in 2nd and 3rd gear with torque managment off?

Advanced Tuner
    ill take a look into that. but do you have any clue why it pulls more timing in 2nd and 3rd gear with torque managment off?
    It's not all off I still see some under the trans>tm in the performance area. If you are slamming it down the track, I'm sure you'll be using the performance.

Keep in mind, GM pulls timing to reduce torque. So the fact you are loosing timing, means the PCM is reducing torque for some reason. Since you state it's when shifting gears, then you need to look at TM during gear changes.

Tuner in Training
    thanks i will zero out those values too i didnt know there was TM in the tranny too. ill zero them out this week and test it with the boost controller

Tuner in Training
    checked my tm in the tranny and everything was zeroed. i went into my min advance under spark retard at set it to 16 so it can never go lower then 16. if i get no knock ill raise it

Advanced Tuner
    Dunno... I still some...

Tuner in Training
    that was my first tune the second tune is zeroed out