Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 6L80E TCC Apply Issue Fixed!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not sure why you guys are bumping this, compile hasn't been done yet, once its ready I'll post that its been compiled. I have a few guys that have emailed me to be put in queue for the tables and I'll be emailing them as soon as the compile is done.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    good hopefully by the time i buy my stall next month this will all be done
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Not sure why you guys are bumping this, compile hasn't been done yet, once its ready I'll post that its been compiled. I have a few guys that have emailed me to be put in queue for the tables and I'll be emailing them as soon as the compile is done.
    Email sent!
    '09 MGM G8 GT

any updates on when is going to be released?

the new tables will be great.

i have posted up on this before. the current pressure tables seem to have no effect. i am logging the actual main line pressure using a pressure transducer. there are times when the main line pressure seems too low, as low as 100psi. that is likely not enough to hold the lock up locked on a high hp car.

i have tried playing with all of the line pressure tables and they have no effect on actual line pressure.

any ideas on this?
    2017 camaro ss a8 with low mount twins

Tuner in Training
    I definetly want to get this fixed on my G8. I have a FTI 3200 waiting to go in

Quote Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
    the new tables will be great.

i have posted up on this before. the current pressure tables seem to have no effect. i am logging the actual main line pressure using a pressure transducer. there are times when the main line pressure seems too low, as low as 100psi. that is likely not enough to hold the lock up locked on a high hp car.

i have tried playing with all of the line pressure tables and they have no effect on actual line pressure.

any ideas on this?
    Having a problem with the twin turbo I am working on. It keep slipping the clutches or just dropping out of gear when at WOT or heavy part throttle under boost. It does it in manual, drive, or sport mode. If you look at the graph, at the 6800 spike the MPH drops off just before and converter slip goes from 660rpm to 140rpm. Tried raising line pressure but it doesn't help. Could be the same issue you are referring to Parish.

no, i dont have whatever issue you are having.

can you put current gear on that chart and post it up again. i see you loged it but it isn't on the chart. also what size injectors are you running? i had a hell of a time tuning for scaled injectors. it was messing with my tranny tune.
    Last edited by parish8; 10-30-2010 at 09:40 PM.
    2017 camaro ss a8 with low mount twins

bump is this released yet? Have a timecrunch for it!

Advanced Tuner
    I'm sure you didn't see post#23

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by icicleboy View Post
    bump is this released yet? Have a timecrunch for it!

They said it would be out 3 weeks ago, I have two big races over the next to weeks and I have to run my car with the convertor all messed up.
    Scott (Retired Navy)
    Paralyzed Triathlete
    2010 Camaro 12.35 110.73 1.65 60ft
    Mongillo Motors

Advanced Tuner
    If they don't get something soon, just remember there is another option. I too would like to get it and compare to what I have.
    11.49 @ 118 1.49 60' Bolt on 2010 IOM Camaro

www.6l80etuning.com 6L80/90 Tuning

Potential Tuner
    Hows that compile coming?
    Scott (Retired Navy)
    Paralyzed Triathlete
    Mongillo Motors

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'll make a post once its ready.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Bill
    Scott (Retired Navy)
    Paralyzed Triathlete
    Mongillo Motors

Advanced Tuner
    Question for you guys with aftermarket single units.

I know we should disable lockup at WOT on those single units, how about lockup at cruise speed to prevent the pulsation everybody feels with aftermarket verters ?. in the G8's lockup is commanded in 4th,5th and 6th in cruising areas. since the aftermarket verters doesn't like the slip commanded by the TCM, is it a solution to prevent the verter from locking while we get access to this new tables ??

Or should we just leave the lockup the way it is in those areas, while still disabling the WOT lockup ?

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Question for you guys with aftermarket single units.

I know we should disable lockup at WOT on those single units, how about lockup at cruise speed to prevent the pulsation everybody feels with aftermarket verters ?. in the G8's lockup is commanded in 4th,5th and 6th in cruising areas. since the aftermarket verters doesn't like the slip commanded by the TCM, is it a solution to prevent the verter from locking while we get access to this new tables ??

Or should we just leave the lockup the way it is in those areas, while still disabling the WOT lockup ?

Thanks.
    I'm running a Yank SS3600 in my 2007 LS7/A6 Corvette and that's pretty much what I do which is leave it off at WOT and don't have it kick in until around 65MPH in 6th gear. It's set up like that in D only so it behaves normally in S mode in case I ever want to have it lock up earlier.

Advanced Tuner
    Got it, so you apply in D only, 6th gear where mph >65, my guess is that the release also happens at 65 in the same mode ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Got it, so you apply in D only, 6th gear where mph >65, my guess is that the release also happens at 65 in the same mode ?
    I've got the release set to 58 so it doesn't continually cycle on and off from minor MPH drops.

Advanced Tuner
    Great, Thanks a lot.