Thread: 03 SSR 2bar/PCM issues

Potential Tuner

03 SSR 2bar/PCM issues

Have a 2003 SSR at the shop with some major PCM issues.

Major mods include
    -LS2 block
    -magnacharger
    -230/230 ish cam
    -stalled auto
    -2bar MAP sensor
    -2bar SD conversion via hpt

After the two bar conversion numerous and random issues have come about.

Day 1, hpt editor write function would fail and keep retrying unsuccessfully, it finally worked after using slow write mode, this was the case with full and partial writes.

Changes to the ve table became unresponsive. car idled slightly lean, any change to the ve table had 0 effect. tune started out around 50% ve at 55kpa at 800rpm, just to prove a point I commanded 160% ve in all areas around idle, no car would run at any rpm with this much fuel however car would idle at the same afr. car was drivable if I commanded 11.0 to 1 to achieve 14.7 to 1 afr

day two I attempted to rewrite entire pcm, after two tries it worked and this time around car idled RICH, NO Changes made to tune, it started perfect this time but would throw various throttle actuator codes rendering it not drivable if you tried to give it any throttle.

again pcm write functions would fail unless it was written in slow/normal write speeds.

Ideas? Fried PCM? PCM incompatibility with 2bar os? Car was flashed with Tech II before tuning, it had previous EFI live tune.
    Last edited by SmokinWS6; 08-28-2010 at 11:02 AM.