Thread: 60 injectors and some odd behavior.

Advanced Tuner

60 injectors and some odd behavior.

Hi,
    Well, bought some flowmatched Deka 60's,
    Using Greg's Dvd data,
    threw is in the prior tune I had,
    Started up like a dream! - hell of a lot better than the Green top issue i was having prior.

Trims were -3 - -5% rich, no biggie, Im happy...
    I start driving around, 3 min in, bank one goes rich, stays in the 900mV, threw a CEL, and that was it, limp home.

What are the chances one of the 4 injectors on bank one are sticking open?
    I really don't see a tune altering one bank, all was good.

Are there any tricks to verify? I was just going to relocate (2 at a time) injectors to bank 2.

Bank 1 is Driver side correct?

Here are the tune and a couple runs, the first one when it failed a few mins in and the others are just at idle start up and it doesnt take long to fail.

4 and 5 are short files...

Just want opinions, perhaps its something Im doing wrong, or if indeed its bad luck getting a sticky injector. btw, these were Brand new!

if you are concerned if an injector is stuck, transfer them bank to bank and see if it happens on bank2. Dont see the tune or your cfg file
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Advanced Tuner
    wHy didnt you post your tune?
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Advanced Tuner
    Oops, Sorry about that. - attached here.
    Do you require the Config file? It was just a basic to watch the o2 sensors and LTFT's / STFT

Yea, Im in the process of shifting 1 at a time to the other bank.
    Is this a common occurrence?
    Last edited by smithers; 08-21-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    How many miles are on your o2 sensors? Maybe the o2 in bank one there is starting to crap out on you and it just happens to be a coincidence that it is happening now after swapping injectors?
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    x2 the fuel trims would be the tell tale

Advanced Tuner
    I thought about the o2's / Plugs going or coils... but think I should see those type of P codes CEL if that was the case, there are no mis-fire codes set.

Well, the car has 26,000 Miles on it. Some bad luck if its the O2 Sensor but I cant rule that out... Process of moving one injector over at a time.

Advanced Tuner
    Well,

Switched the back 2 injectors (bank 1 to bank 2) and now the problem has followed.

So, it is an injector causing an issue, just having some horrible luck, and I havent even got to putting on the procharger yet. Mod Hell!
    (2005 cts-v, LS6)
    Now, my other question is:

Is it normal for the pulse width to change if an injector is sticking?
    Notice the failed 02 bank (stuck rich) has that injector bank at 1.9msec pulse width and the other is 1.5 or 1.6.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by smithers; 08-22-2010 at 02:46 PM.