Thread: ls1 stand alone computer compatability

ls1 stand alone computer compatability

i just got a complete ls1 engine and want to get a stand alone computer for my jeep conversion. is there any standalone computers that hptuners will be able to modify? i was thinking about getting gm's set up

Any reason why you want a standalone? The stock one is pretty amazing.

i only have the engine complete no harness or computer

You can get an ECU really cheap. I use an ECU from a 2002 Chevy 1500 truck and just reprogrammed it. As far as the wire harness you can look into the Painless setup.

Painless Wire Harness with 4ft extra

This route would run you about $880.00 plus the HP tuners suite. I'm not sure how big the after market ECU selection is. A factory used harness is always an option as well to save some more money.

Sounds like you want s benchtop programming harness.
    If so go here for schematics:

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf
    AkNovaMan
    '99 Jaguar XJ8 turbocharged 6.0L 4L80e
    '99 B4C Police Camaro '96 9C1 Police Caprice

the painless wiring harness alone is $50 less than a the whole ls2/ls3 package from gm. computer, harness, 2 o2 sensors, e pedal, and maf sensor. this is what i was thinking of getting aslong as i can reprogram it for the ls1

Quote Originally Posted by '09SS View Post
    the painless wiring harness alone is $50 less than a the whole ls2/ls3 package from gm. computer, harness, 2 o2 sensors, e pedal, and maf sensor. this is what i was thinking of getting aslong as i can reprogram it for the ls1
    If you have an ls1 than a ls2/ls3 computer will be no good for you, Main thing being the reluctor wheel it expects to see is a 58th not the 24th ls1 wheel, so it will have no idea whats happening with the crank rotation which everything else needs to run off.
    Just go to a wreckers and grab everything you need off them, this should save you a heap and be pretty painless.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Tuner
    The LS1 computer is the way to go...I've done quite a few Jeep conversions(engine swaps) and I build a brand new harness & re-programm a 0411 LS1 computer for every conversion...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VORTECMAX View Post
    The LS1 computer is the way to go...I've done quite a few Jeep conversions(engine swaps) and I build a brand new harness & re-programm a 0411 LS1 computer for every conversion...
    sounds like you need to pm this man and see how much for his setup rather than attempt to re- invent the wheel on your own
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)