Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone App

iPhone App

I know this is unlikely, but it would be really cool if there was a VCM Scanner iPhone app. I'm not sure if anyone makes an iPhone-OBD adapter though. Is this possible in the future? You could charge a couple hundred bucks for it or sell it to current customers for $99 or something like that.

Advanced Tuner
    i would probably only use it for logging. screen is too small to do any real tuning..

Tuner
    I would be nice to develop software to swap tunes back and forth with the Iphone

*head shake*
    You iPhone guys are funny....

I'd just like to point out that HPT doesn't even support any *nix based systems, let alone hand held devices.
    Furthermore, I think I everyone else can agree that we'd rather see the staff at HPT work at 2.24, Dodge support, expansion of existing PCM support, and support for new PCM's before a handheld app.
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    *head shake*
    You iPhone guys are funny....

I'd just like to point out that HPT doesn't even support any *nix based systems, let alone hand held devices.
    Furthermore, I think I everyone else can agree that we'd rather see the staff at HPT work at 2.24, Dodge support, expansion of existing PCM support, and support for new PCM's before a handheld app.
    +1....

not to mention that the iphone sucks and is a horrible platform for a tuning software anyways..

too slow, too buggy, too behind the curve..
    -Scott -

Tuner
    all I want to do with it is swap between an E85 tune, and a gas tune

dont get me started on the mass headache of getting a device approved by apple, and then getting software approved to go with it...

believe it or not... there are hardware devices out for the iphone..that require you to jailbreak yoru phone to add their software because apple wouldnt approve the app....

that is why there most likely wont be an HPT iphone app...
    -Scott -

I love the iPhone and love the idea of an iPhone or iPad app.

I think using a windows mobile device is more probable though.

No time lines, but I'm sure we'll come out with a mobile app eventually. Trying to do tuning via a mobile device is unrealistic, and we have our own device we're working on to deploy tunes. The likely feature will be diagnostics.

We'll get there.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Can't wait! http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25778

As a side note; search "obd" in the iPhone App Store. See the instrumentation packages that are available? Would be nice if we could get an MPVI to Apple connector adaptor. I'm sure HPT could do better with their interface than the ELM solution!

What do we think of this? http://www.ot-2.com/
    Last edited by passingpower; 08-19-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Keith gets it. There are many iPad users that would kill for the ability to run VCM suite from their devices. Regardless of how one feels about a certain technology, in this day and age, you have to reach out to every available outlet to gain or retain market share.

I have no problems running HPT from my laptop, but from the iPad would be better for many reasons...IMO.
    Last edited by geeteego; 10-25-2010 at 11:36 AM.
    2004 6.0 Turbo GTO
    2006 C6 Corvette w/ Z51 - boltons
    '07 Colorado 3.7 I5 - DD

Tuner in Training
    Just the scanner alone on an iPad would be great. It would keep the dang seatbelt chime from happening when I put my MacBook Pro on the passenger seat.
    2009 CTS-V 2.9l KDi Whipple- Stainless Works 2" pimary headers-Stainles works 3" exhaust-New Era-KD Innovations ported TB-KDi HX-KDi HX pump-222/234 .605"/.615" 120lsa +3

It would be great to have some sort of apple support. I really really wish we could get the VCM suite in Mac OS so I wouldn't have to run shitty windows on my MacBook pro. My battery life literally lasts 1/4 of the time on windows and runs hot compared to Mac.

I'm interested to see what is in store for these "devices" I keep getting hints about from HPT.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    How about we just settle for 2.24 in the mean time... Which seems to be a pipe dream...

Tuner in Training
    android tablet to log, is more plausible.

So what tablets/handhelds are running Win OS's?

I haven't done much research lately.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrewer View Post
    +1....
    amen +1...
    98 TransAm WS9 Raim Air – Stage 4 4L60E Trans -3:90 Rear -1.8 HS Rockers - Full UMI Suspension – 85MM Lid – 85MM Z06 MAF - LS6 Z06 Intake - 224/230 Comp Cam - 7.350 Push Rods - 243 TEA Stage 2 LS6 Heads 61cc - Melling 10296 Oil Pump - Caddy Race Lifters - SLP Underdrive Pulley - 160 Thermo - 42# Green Top Injectors - HPT - SLP Line lock - Pacesetter LTube Headers - Yank SS4000 - 98 to 2002 PCM Swap www.mrk-motorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by kllrvet View Post
    all I want to do with it is swap between an E85 tune, and a gas tune
    Just use a 0411 pcm with the flex fuel segment, purchase a flexfuel sensor, then hook up the flexfuel sensor to your fuel line, wire the sensor into the pcm, done! you are rocking E85 or reg gas with no flashing inbetween!
    98 TransAm WS9 Raim Air – Stage 4 4L60E Trans -3:90 Rear -1.8 HS Rockers - Full UMI Suspension – 85MM Lid – 85MM Z06 MAF - LS6 Z06 Intake - 224/230 Comp Cam - 7.350 Push Rods - 243 TEA Stage 2 LS6 Heads 61cc - Melling 10296 Oil Pump - Caddy Race Lifters - SLP Underdrive Pulley - 160 Thermo - 42# Green Top Injectors - HPT - SLP Line lock - Pacesetter LTube Headers - Yank SS4000 - 98 to 2002 PCM Swap www.mrk-motorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    So what tablets/handhelds are running Win OS's?

I haven't done much research lately.
    none of the small phone brand tablets use windows...
    its either Apple I-os or android

if you want a pc tablet you need a real pc tablet
    Motion Computing makes awesome tablets
    http://www.motioncomputing.com/
    we use these for my work and they hold up well and seem to work great

but again.... its not just a small "phone brand" tablet
    its a real pc.... so there are no development issues with them... plug and play with all of our original hardware/software and drivers.

and a lot of them are still shipping with xp tablet edition...(its all we run at work on our tablets)

theres also the Panasonic tough-book series tablet... which is what most medical and hospital facilities use..(it was designed for that reason)
    -Scott -

I actually have a few older Motion Tablets for sale. Model M1400