Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 bar map sensor not reading boost

Tuner in Training

2 bar map sensor not reading boost

i have added a 2 bat map sensor and applied the 2 bar sd enhancement, but in the scanner the table does not read anything over 105 kpa and i know for a fact that the car made a little bit of boost. all my tables go up to 210kpa

please help me out

make sure you add the 2 bar map in the scanner table as well
    sometimes you have to "clear last vehicle used" in the options section before it shows up in your scanner after you have written a 2 bar OS.
    -Scott -

Also you have to remove the Manifold Absolute Pressure (SAE) PID from the scanner setup to have the tables read correctly in the scanner.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Tuner in Training
    i went to the status display, deleted the sae map sensor

then went insert, used defined,

Name: 2 bar map
    abv: 2 bar
    Sensor: Manifold absolute pressure
    Untis: Kpa

Function : [AUX.20021]

did exactly that and when i started the car, it did not show me anything, the 2 bar map stayed at 0 and none of the histograms worked.

what did i do wrong ?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The 2 bar pid is already created for you in the scanner.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    how do i select it ?

Once you've done a write entire to the PCM with the 2BAR OS just start scanning the vehicle. Once you've done that the 2 bar pid will show up as an available option when inserting PIDS. It's under engine>airflow>manifold pressure 2 bar

Also, to configure a boost PID you can do the following once you have the 2BAR pid in there.

Insert>configure user defined> Name: boost Abbrv: boost Units : psi
    Function:
    ([PID.2333]-100)*.145
    Last edited by jakebdb56; 08-05-2010 at 01:40 PM.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

to get the 2 bar map to show up, do exactly as I listed above...
    clear last vehicle used... close out scanner, re-open scanner.. connect to vehicle
    then you can go into the normal PID's and there will be one labeled MAP- 2 bar
    -Scott -

S. engreer want u to do :
    like the att. pic.
    98 Z28
    stock ls1 engine,A4,Fast 90/90,SLP lid,Ms3 112LSA,LT Headers,TCI 3500stall,semens 60 inj,ASP under drive ,3.73 gear,11.82 1/4 .sold

yes... that is what I am talking about...
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    I have the same problem. I can't get the 2 BAR MAP to display anything other than 0. If I config the scanner for MAP (SAE) it does show and move but only to 105.

Click on Tools > Options > Clear Last Vehicle Used
    Remove the 1 BAR MAP PID from your table
    Close Scanner
    Re Open Scanner
    Reconnect to the Vehicle... it will search for PID's
    Add 2 BAR MAP sensor to the Table (do not confuse it with the normal 1 bar MAP, it will specifically say 2 Bar MAP)
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Got it.... working now.

Thank you.

Anyone know a reason why the histogram display won't show anything (kr, ltft, stft, ) after making the change, I can see the map reading correctly in the scanner , but my tables won't work now.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You probably aren't logging the correct pids.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    After hours of searching I finally find this thread with jakebdb56's 2 bar boost function string. It worked like magic after hours of trying to get a boost reading on the scanner. It all started when HPtuners crashed on my laptop just after getting done with a larger crank pulley install... all of my user defined PIDs were gone and I couldn't find a Boost PID that worked. The simple ones in the help file wouldn't work even with everything set up just right. Thank you jakedbd56!!!!!!!!!!!
    CURRENT SETUP: 2001 M6 WS6 228/236 112+3 XER lobes, P1SC/Aster/8lbs, Weiand intake, Long tubes, SD 60 lb inj, Lonnie's dual fuel pumps, HPtuners Pro---No #'s

OLD SETUP: 2006 M6 GTO 236/238 113+3, FAST 102, TEA TFS 225s, Kooks, Wretched H-Pipe, Flowmaster Super 40s---484 rwhp/439 rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Click on Tools > Options > Clear Last Vehicle Used
    Remove the 1 BAR MAP PID from your table
    Close Scanner
    Re Open Scanner
    Reconnect to the Vehicle... it will search for PID's
    Add 2 BAR MAP sensor to the Table (do not confuse it with the normal 1 bar MAP, it will specifically say 2 Bar MAP)
    Hi,

I am having this exact issue, 2-bar OS installed, Scanner doesn't work with 2-bar map, it just stays at zero.

I go under tools -> And there is no clear last vehicle option. I tried removing the original 1-bar map of course, I tried all different methods of removing one, closing the program, re-opening the program, etc... and still no luck.
    I added map sensor voltage and it reads correctly (2.5~v goes up and down like it should)

I removed the MAF and original MAP. The original map read 105kpa when I started it, and I can see vacuum on it fine. It just stops at 105kpa of course. The histogram (chart) only shows 105kpa max also. Even when I manually change the histogram to "2bar map" it still shows 105kpa.
    Last edited by kingtal0n; 03-16-2017 at 11:43 PM.

Did you change the linear and offset settings for the 2 bar map?

Did you add the 2 bar map to the main channels list?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

When I loaded the custom OS the linear settings seemed appropriate, i.e. 10kpa at lowest voltage and "map sensor linear" is 200kpa

Yes I removed the SAE map sensor (which showed 105kpa when the ECU was turned ON, plugged into the 2-bar map, which is strange since the map is sitting at 2.5v and the original map should be showing 50kpa at that voltage, so something is weird) And I added the actual 2-bar map to the list. I tried removing it and adding it several times, through the course of several program re-starts etc.. and it always sits at 0, doesnt even move.

So to re-confirm, the original SAE 1-bar map entry in the table reads vacuum, and goes as high as 105kpa.
    Whereas, the actual 2-bar map when added to the same table (after removing the 1-bar map) shows 0kpa, and doesn't move at all from that no matter what.
    Last edited by kingtal0n; 03-16-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Something else is strange. I am not getting a maf fail code either. I have all 3 maf codes as "SES Enable" checked, and "MIL On First Error" Is selected,
    Also I put 0HZ in the Max maf freq to set an error.

Then I go to scanner and record, read DTC, and there is no MAF errors.

I also tried unchecking "SES enable" for all 3 boxes and it still doesn't work. I have a feeling this has something to do with my issue.

I am running the ecu on a "Bench" so there is no engine. Maybe that is why the maf doesnt fail? I dont know. I dont have a maf plug anymore, I deleted the plug and sensor, its just a couple wires now. There is no power going to the pink wire that used to run the maf. Does the engine need to "start" in order to fail the maf?

And a side question... my car has an "ignition start wire" that tells the stock ECU (240sx) that it is cranking. Does the LS ecu need this wire? I Dont think so, I cant find a pin anywhere that says "engine start signal" or anything like that. Just wondering.
    Last edited by kingtal0n; 03-17-2017 at 12:41 AM.