Thread: Cylinder balance test not working on 09 Cobalt SS

Potential Tuner

Question Cylinder balance test not working on 09 Cobalt SS

I'm trying to run a cylinder balance test on my 09 Cobalt LNF (E69 ECM) and for some reason I'm not able to get it to work. This is the first time I've tried to run one of these tests, but the procedure looks straightforward and I'm following the tutorial that Bill (I think) posted up a couple of years ago.

Problem is that all of the buttons including Step are underintensified for me. When I try to run the test the engine is idling and I am connected. Datalogging works just fine and I'm using the latest beta software.

Is this because I have the standard MPVI and not the Pro or is there something else I'm missing?

Hmmmmmm no response to this thread, but need to find out why on an 07 Pontiac G5GT e67 pcm I cannot do a cylinder ballance test ????

Quote Originally Posted by Fulton 1 View Post
    I'm trying to run a cylinder balance test on my 09 Cobalt LNF (E69 ECM) and for some reason I'm not able to get it to work. This is the first time I've tried to run one of these tests, but the procedure looks straightforward and I'm following the tutorial that Bill (I think) posted up a couple of years ago.

Problem is that all of the buttons including Step are underintensified for me. When I try to run the test the engine is idling and I am connected. Datalogging works just fine and I'm using the latest beta software.

Is this because I have the standard MPVI and not the Pro or is there something else I'm missing?
    i dont think we can do anything with those tables.. those are for the ecm's than have RTT
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift