Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hp tuners 80lb injectors rich idle....Idea's?

I got sick of messing with bog off idle with the 80s with Gregs data but haven't tried the above don't think. I went to full time open loop and that took care of things for me.
    I am thinking may go to those pricey high end injectors or may put my 120 low impendence in my car. I know the 120s worked great but my engine compartment has a lot of stuff in it and the extra clutter from the 120s was bugging me a bit and I had a cam senor problem when was trying to run the 120s and they wouldn't idle with cam sensor not working properly. So went to 60s and then 80s just in case the cam sensor issue came back.But we did fix it. But while Gregs data worked great for 60s it didn't work great for 80s. But maybe the above tweak is the answer.I guess could try to go back to closed loop and the above tweak and see how things work out.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

could'nt hurt
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you need to change the min fuel milligrams to allow the injectors to go down to a low enough pulsewidth to idle properly / low load ve cruising / decel lean enough. If your operating system does not have this feature in the transient you need to email [email protected] your info and get them to update these tables.

If you do want to step into Injector Dynamics stuff (which blow those SD80s away), shoot me a PM. IDs are in a league of their own. They totally simplify the whole process.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    not trying to jack the thread but i also was going through the same problem..
    Fuel/ Transient/ Then change the min fuel milligrams to "0.002" and it helped bring the AFR to about 13.8 (was 12.3) with the injectors pulse width is now at 1.8 instead of 1.7.. so i got somewhere lol..but then the VE was maxing out again.. i then played with "short pulse adder" - "min injector pulse" - "default injector pulse" and i can now change VE and the AFR gos up when the VE cell for idle is lowered.. but i didn't change anything else, every thing else is the factory setting.. will post my tune and see if anything else should be changed.. thought i would need to change at least "offset-vs-volts-vs-vac" (which is still factory) but so far it seams to idle fine.. but i haven't took it for an actual drive yet just idle tuning still .. thanks guys
    Last edited by Highway21; 11-20-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: edit