Thread: ls1 tuning in a 77 Corvette

Potential Tuner

ls1 tuning in a 77 Corvette

Hi,

I have been reading through all of the FAQs and tuning tutorials through out the past couple of weeks and I am still contemplating the purchase of the hp tuners program. I am debating between just doing a send in tune or doing it myself.

The main things that need to be done just for startup are deleting cags, rear o2s, and vats.

Then later when we get the body and everything back on I figure we do a more precise tune, being that it has a small comp cam and sidepipes.

I guess I just need some info or encouragement relating using the tuning software for this conversion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

Tuner
    Speartech will get you going for now, then buy HPTuners.
    '03 Z06- Twin Turbo, 14.5 PSI, Dual Tial Wastgates, Tial BOV, 415 Stroked LSA, 9:1 Compression Manely Forged Pistons&Rods, Total Seal Rings, K1 4" Forged Crank, Dart PRO 1 CNC Heads, Methanol Injection, Lingenfelter GT7 Cam, Lingenfelter Launch Controller,line locks, Comp 921 Springs, 2 Bar Map Enhanced Tune (Self Tuned) AEM Wide Band 02, MOV-IT Brakes.

Potential Tuner
    well I am thinking about just starting with hptuners.

Quote Originally Posted by schnellTTZ06 View Post
    Speartech will get you going for now, then buy HPTuners.
    there are a lot of vendors for mail order calibrations
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Potential Tuner
    Ha ha yea I have already talked to frost about a tune, but the more we think about it the more we want to start doing it on our own. I am still in the researching level. Opinions are welcome.