Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09 CTS-V Fuel Pump Assembly in 2010 Camaro?

09 CTS-V Fuel Pump Assembly in 2010 Camaro?

I've been told the 2009 CTS-V fuel pump assembly will work in the 2010 Camaros with a few modifications... but I can't seem to get pictures/info on what modifications people are doing to make it work. Has anybody done this, and can you share information on what's being done to make it work?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I've been told the 2009 CTS-V fuel pump assembly will work in the 2010 Camaros with a few modifications... but I can't seem to get pictures/info on what modifications people are doing to make it work. Has anybody done this, and can you share information on what's being done to make it work?
    Its a direct plug in unit. Buy it from the GM dealer. You have to make one small change to the unit to make it work.
    One tab on the module must be cut to fit the tank. In this picture its where the green mark is on the unit. Shown is the CTS-V unit in a Camaro tank.

I assume the wiring has to be modified since the electrical connectors are different?... What about the fuel level equipment? Do you have to use the CTS-V one, or can the one from the Camaro pump assembly be used?

subscribing, very interested in this.....

Advanced Tuner
    I assume the wiring has to be modified since the electrical connectors are different?... What about the fuel level equipment? Do you have to use the CTS-V one, or can the one from the Camaro pump assembly be used?
    It plugs directly in.

Who has it cheap, and how much more than the SS setup does it support?
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

The assembly is $290 from GMPartsDirect.com, but the local guy I know who is trying to put it in his car reported a couple differences.

He said:

A) The CTS-V assembly has two plugs instead of one.
    B) The outlet fitting is in a different orientation (I think this would be easy to fix).
    C) The fuel level assembly from the Camaro pump doesn't transfer over or doesn't fit, and the CTS-V assembly didn't come with this.

i've got one ordered, should be here tmorrow. it supposedly is complete with level sensor. tank is out and waiting, will post pics and fitment when it arrives......

The assembly is $290 from GMPartsDirect.com, but the local guy I know who is trying to put it in his car reported a couple differences.

He said:

A) The CTS-V assembly has two plugs instead of one.
    B) The outlet fitting is in a different orientation (I think this would be easy to fix).
    C) The fuel level assembly from the Camaro pump doesn't transfer over or doesn't fit, and the CTS-V assembly didn't come with this.
    I am running this setup in my car. . .

A) ? mine only has one. I am running staight battery voltage to my pumps though- ditched the FPCM
    B) Correct, but easy fix. Just cut the last 90deg bend out of the stock fuel line and it fits perfect.
    C) Correct, the CTS-V transfer tube is larger diameter. I also installed the passenger side CTS-V fuel level assembly and CTS-V transfer tube which solves this issue

This setup is supporting 620rwhp on E85 right now

ours is in, but not running yet-gotta finish the supercharger install. should be running wednesday-ish? won't be running E85 on this one, but should be near those numbers.

we just shaved the locating tab down so the fuel line could be installed without modification, also puts the fuel level sensor in stock orientation. as for the transfer line we made a simple adapter to allow it to hook up. minor modifications also allow the stock fuel level sensor to be used. solder both pump leads together intank, and plug the sender into the stock connector. can provide pix on request........

Quote Originally Posted by tommytuner View Post
    can provide pix on request........
    Please do!

Potential Tuner
    Seeing this is an old thread, any new updates on this? Using the ZL1 pump now and running out of fuel. Thanks for any info.

How about adding a FP control module to the ZL-1 pump? I see it posted a lot on Camaro5.com but am ignorant of the details.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

I run a KB BAP on my ZL-1 pump set at about 30 on the dial and am supporting 676whp on pump gas in my car. Been running it for 6 months now and not a single issue.

Note: All 12 gauge wiring with gold plated connectors running to everything.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Advanced Tuner
    Any update on this? How much more does the CTS-V pump flow VS the ZL1 pump?
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Advanced Tuner
    If you want to do this...Livernois had a direct drop in pump that is literally a drop in. Physically fits and connects right up to the Camaro wiring. I think Ligenfelter has a set up as well. Both of them buy OEM CTS-V dual pumps and modify them to work. Both have been well proven in the Camaro. And they use the stock FPCM.

I was going to go with the Livernois pump. I think it's $800. But I went with the ZL1 and ADM FPCM instead because I'm cheap and I don't have concrete plans to ever exceed the ZL1 set up....and I know I can sell it used easily as its in high demand.

Advanced Tuner
    How much can the ZL1 pump support? At 815 rwhp I'm at 51% duty cycle with the ZL1 pump, the ADM FPCM, 95lb injectors and a dual nozzle meth kit.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vortech View Post
    How much can the ZL1 pump support? At 815 rwhp I'm at 51% duty cycle with the ZL1 pump, the ADM FPCM, 95lb injectors and a dual nozzle meth kit.
    You're already pushing the limit of what most claim is possible with that set up. I've never heard of someone pushing over 800 rwhp with that pump and fpcm. Especially with a forced induction power adder. What is your build? SC? Turbo?

Have you logged your fuel pressure? That would be the best indicator of how the pump system is doing. Your big injectors would certainly help if you did have some falling fuel pressure. And your meth is certainly helping keep your fuel demand down a bit as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes I'm logging fuel pressure-commanded is 65 and actual is 63. AFR is like 11.2 or so-I'll see if I can post a screen shot. I'm running it fat to be safe since it's only a stock short but its not a happy dyno either since it has ran [email protected] at 4120 lbs with just a drag radial.

Advanced Tuner
    Pretty crazy numbers for that pump to be holding up to. Must be your meth really helping with your fuel needs. I've never played around with meth so I have no idea. But most can't get much past 700 rwhp on pump gas with that pump.

Nice times too! 10.4 is nice. Sounds like you have a nice ride there...