Thread: Need Injector data

Tuner

Need Injector data

I have been having some problems with my STS trans am. so as one of the problems ( the car misses at idle very slightly.) the only thing i can see effecting that is the injectors. i replaced them with a set of seimens 60 # injectors that i had for another project here.

now my problem is I don't have injector tables for this. also after reviewing my tune ( that was bought from STS) I am not sure it had anything to do with the injector as they list staight 42# in the flow v. kpa table and i have read that the offset is different for the fords because of the base fuel rail pressure.

thanks guys I'm in a bit over my head and just need to get the car running

Advanced Tuner
    correct 42# injectors are actually 52# on a 58 psi rail. and if your boosted it should be straight across due to a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Tuner
    I do not yet have a boost refrenced fuel pressure regulator.

Gregs DVD comes with the data for the (green top/fat body) 42# injectors and the 60# siemens (tall/skinny). The 60# injectors at 58psi are actually 72lb hr.

The STS tune assumes boost referenced and therefor is a straight line. If your simply running a returnless line your flow vs. kPA should be a slope.

Tuner
    well guess I'm screwed then will be 2 or 3 months before i can scrape $250 for a DVD. I would love to have the dvd for the other great info that's on there. but kind of beyond broke after buying another car and "the tuning school" class thing.
    as for STS.... why would they assume a referenced FPR when it didn't come with their kit?
    Last edited by Y2K WS6; 07-18-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Ask them.....