Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: LNF Ethanol experiment

Update:

I tuned the lnf last night on E47 = Magical. 0 KR, fuel trims were good. Had to add +6% to the maf due to the mixture being slightly off. I do have a couple of questions.

Tune Setup = 22.5psi tapering to 17.5psi at redline (not holding boost well), 14ish-21* timing up top, PE of .89 under boost.
    Tune elevation = 4500ft above sea level

1. I am only seeing air loads of 200-210% falling in to 180ish% by redline, why is that? I did not rescale the load% axis, it's still stock.

2. I setup the DAL for 255max. WGDC table already have 95% in high load areas (stock table), how do I raise boost using the WGDC table? If the max WGDC is 95%, using a value higher than that is useless, right? I've been reading too that people change the proportional gain from .80 to 1 to help out. Not sure.

Thanks for the direction guys. My friend is loving his car. It's so much more responsive on Ethanol.
    Last edited by wgr73; 07-11-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Iam Broke seems to have answered some of the questions I had here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post296472

From reading the compressor map, it seems that after 4.5k higher than 22ish psi isn't going to do much but maybe add torque. It's not flowing anymore air...so idk if it's even worth chasing on this turbo. It'll be good to know for the upgrade tho

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the best advice i have gotten for turbo upgrades on the lnf was to properly tune the factory setup for its full potential. once done the bigger turbos are much easier since the will respond to the boost adjustments as they meet the requirements for flow at pressure required.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    the best advice i have gotten for turbo upgrades on the lnf was to properly tune the factory setup for its full potential. once done the bigger turbos are much easier since the will respond to the boost adjustments as they meet the requirements for flow at pressure required.
    Cool man. I think the tune is pretty close to that. At peak torque/boost I see 22.5-7psi tapering to high-17s by redline. That sounds about right from what I've been reading. I think there is still some left on the table but I can't be sure.

I have a question too. Been running E47 for about a year now, recently went EFR6758.

What is the best timing up top you have seen on E47 using the ZFR? I'm at 23deg up top, not entirely sure if thats too much but currently don't have a dyno to determine MBT, theres no knock just don't want to push it any more than is necessary. I'm not sure if the same rules apply to timing as the stock turbos used in this thread. I haven't run into any issues yet with E47 and 25psi as far as fuel pressure drop, what psi have you seen us running out of fuel at on E47 with stock intake cam lobe, anyone experience a max psi on the ZFR and E47?
    The Daily: 08 SS/TC, fully built 2.0L LDK, Wiseco pistons, K1 rods, ARP head studs, upgraded main bolts, S257sx-e, Opels, ZZP stage 2 cams, BRC 5th injector, E47, AEM E85 fuel pump, custom 3.5" intake and PCV system, custom catless downpipe, 4.05 LSD, custom KY frankenclutch, ZZP full 3" catback with res and muffler, lowered on CM springs, lots of other ZZP parts, built and tuned by BRC Tuning.

PICK TWO: CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE

Advanced Tuner
    I'm using the s20g and not the efr but I ran it to 27psi and 24deg of timing on e47. I had issues due to ethanol sludge. I ran 91 through and back to no issues. I am currently testing some fuel stuff out so once I have it done if it goes well I'll do a full writeup.