Thread: Death of a motor? What's your thoughts?>>

Advanced Tuner

Death of a motor? What's your thoughts?>>

I shoulda know, I felt it, but ignored it, but who knows I usually have bad things happen to me. Anyways few weeks ago I took my car out finally after dusting it off and wanted to take for spin and update the tune since it was much warmer outside in NJ. My LC1 has always given me problems and from one day to another readings would be so so consistent until the car runs hot and it craps out. When tuning I did a WOT run and all my readings were pinned pig rich at 9.0. WTF?? Done with LC1.

Few days ago, install the NGK wbo2 sensor and readings seemed much more stable, but a little different than what the LC1 read. Go for a tuning session to update my VE table for the 100* weather and all seemed fine, not doing any WOT runs. Would still get a little bit of a weird reading here or there. Do a couple WOT runs in 3rd when already cruising on up to 6krpms and all was fine. Did a good 4th gear pull up to red line and then let go the gas and put into neutral and use my brakes to slow down. Wasn't paying attention to anything else as was about to get caught by an upcomming traffic light so I popped it into 5th to step on the gas and low behold behind me was a pile of smoke. Pull to side of the road pop the hood real quick and notice the oil dip stick popped out and oil spilled all over.

Cleaned everything up today, washed down the engine, analyzed everything I could possibly see and my conclusion is the dip stick blew out for some odd reason. Car seemed to run fine on way back home but I limped it in fear something was seriously wrong.

Tonight after cleaning everything off I go to start and whatdya know, it doesn't start very well,.... at all!!! I had to keep the rpms up till the car warmed up. Car started to run fine, heated up, rev'd it up to around 3krpm and all seemed okay. Then smoke comes out the exhaust.

Did a before after cylinder balance test. The before test was hard to do because the IAC control only goes up to 127 steps. Car doesn't idle all that well. Did a few runs with the test and put on a word doc. The after blow out I did another cylinder balance test and it was very hard to keep the car running at IAC 127 steps, very hard, but ran through the test anyway.... very dismal results

Did a scan at idle reving up a couple times. Posting that too.

What does everyone think, Bent velves, pushrods, rings are gone???
    Last edited by WS6Fury; 07-07-2010 at 01:26 PM.
    2002 BSM T/A WS6 #3371 (Sept 12, 2002) "LOB"
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

ringlands!

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header