Thread: Anyone know how to calibrate AFX NGK wbo2??

Advanced Tuner

Exclamation Anyone know how to calibrate AFX NGK wbo2??

I'm having a problem I think dunno. I let the sensor hang in free air and warm up for about an hour as the insutructions say. I turn the knob until it says "cal-" and I let it sit for 3 mins. I turn the ignition off cutting power to the unit, and then I power the ignition on again to check everything operated okay, and the AFX controller still says it's in "cal-" mode. Should it not kick off?

The instructions do not say what to do after adjusting the knob to say "cal" so I'm totally lost at this point. Is this something where I set it to "cal", turn the power off, then put the wbo2 sensor into the exhaust and run the car? Someone mentioned that as soon as the sensor reads the exhaust it will kick out of calibrate mode....

I'm lost, please help!
    Last edited by WS6Fury; 07-05-2010 at 10:55 AM.
    2002 BSM T/A WS6 #3371 (Sept 12, 2002) "LOB"
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

You're done with calibration. Don't touch the knob on the back. Put the O2 sensor in the car and start logging data.

Per the directions that came with the kit, you will want to periodically re-do the free air calibration.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Once you have the display reading "cal" with the sensor in free air turn the power to the unit off. Do not move the adjustment knob. Install the o2 sensor in the exhaust and you are ready to measure A/F ratio. If you need to calibrate the sensor in the future you must remove the 02 sensor from the exhaust and repeat the calibration procedure .

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, but what about when I turned the ignition on and the unit still saying "cal", will this go away when I start the car and exhaust starts to pass by the sensor?
    2002 BSM T/A WS6 #3371 (Sept 12, 2002) "LOB"
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

yes.

if you havent run the car since you installed the sensor, then theres still "clean air" in the exhaust since the bung had been open.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Potential Tuner
    Mine never wouldread data instead it would show a numeric value then say air then cal and start the whole process over. I am not sure what happened to it but After the first cal it will read cal until the engine has started just like everyone said
    1997 Pantom Dually Sonoma m6 ls1

Swap pics