Thread: new LQ4, alittle advice on tune

new LQ4, alittle advice on tune

Got a few logs from lastnight, see what you guys think..

motor is an LQ4 with 92/92, X1 cam, MTI 2E heads.

trans is TH350..

The car had a LS1 with the same head/cam, #7 let go, so I put it back together with an iron block, and new intake to flow her out alittle better..

I am just trying to dial in, using my old tune, and make the changes for the intake and new injectors.(green Svo)

These are both while I am trying to trim out my LTFTs.. I just want some advice before, I start with the STFTs, and if there is anything I have missed..

I am pretty new to this, and I have been lurking, and using the write ups... so please understand I am no tuning Wiz

Also if you need any other info, please just let me know.

ignore the WB02 signal, it wasnt hooked up, found it wasnt working correctly

also the current tune
    Jason Newbern
    2001 Formula
    1972 Nova

Spend some more time on your VE and timing tables, they do not look good. Don't just do a flat top on your timing table, you want to tune it correctly and have smooth transitions. Looking at the tune, I would be almost certain this car has no pep at part throttle in comparison to what it would do with finished tables. Idle speed tables need work too, don't just put the same value in there. Looks like your idle has a surge to it as well. Your IFR is way off for those injectors as well. Your PE is crazy rich too for an N/A car.

I would fix the WB and not waste time with fuel trims.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Okay thanks!! I'll mess with it, and post the results, thanks for the advice
    Jason Newbern
    2001 Formula
    1972 Nova

I have a good noob question, when in sd, and learning your LTFTs, the longer you let the tables learn themselfs out the better?? Correct? Say I just stay like that, and drive it around for a week or so?? That couldn't hurt.. Right??
    Jason Newbern
    2001 Formula
    1972 Nova

...but if you are not tuned correctly it is learning crappy data.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Advanced Tuner
    using ltft's is a lot like driving down the road while looking in your rear view mirror.turn off the lt's and use the st's or fix the wideband.

Alright, fixing or replacing the wideband, and going from there... Thanks again..
    Jason Newbern
    2001 Formula
    1972 Nova

Still waiting on Wideband... Checked out RedHardSupra's Injector scaling spreadsheet, and mine were WAY off!!!.. So, I made the changes needed, now the LTFTs are looking alot better.. maybe -2 to +4? at most.. so that seems pretty close to me.. that is after about an hour of driving BTW.. So my question is, should I go ahead and add the figures I have from the log I just did, with corrected Inj sizing, and go on from there?? what you think? Again.. I am a total NOOB so please understand..

Thanks
    Jason Newbern
    2001 Formula
    1972 Nova