Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LSJ TVS 2.8" Tuning Help

There's something up with your car, or your set-up here though. My off meth tune hits 19* and falls to 17~18 at redline and isn't knocking.. :-\

TVS w/ 3.1
    Dual Pass
    CX Heat Exchanger
    currently on the STOCK MANIFOLD (so that should be a mega restriction and increasing chance of knock)

Quote Originally Posted by 383_Stroker View Post
    There's something up with your car, or your set-up here though. My off meth tune hits 19* and falls to 17~18 at redline and isn't knocking.. :-\

TVS w/ 3.1
    Dual Pass
    CX Heat Exchanger
    currently on the STOCK MANIFOLD (so that should be a mega restriction and increasing chance of knock)
    Any ideas on what could be wrong? What to check first? Maybe my area just has shitty gas?

I coulddd run E85 but I'd have to literally keep at least 10 gallons stocked up at home to refill the car whenever I can't drive 20 miles opposite of where I normally go. It would be a hugggge hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    Any ideas on what could be wrong? What to check first? Maybe my area just has shitty gas?

I coulddd run E85 but I'd have to literally keep at least 10 gallons stocked up at home to refill the car whenever I can't drive 20 miles opposite of where I normally go. It would be a hugggge hassle.
    E85 is great stuff. It would be a bit of a hassle for you though. You afr is in the right spot. I just wanted to make sure you werent running in the 12s and thats what was causing some of the knock. Why not just get a meth kit with a big tank in the trunk.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

We'll see, I'll prolly just stay on the bigger pulley for awhile then either go meth or deal with E85.

I'm going on vacation today, so when I get back in a week I'll have to start messing with my tune again

Any other pointers that could help? My tune look good otherwise?

Bump, anyone have anymore advice on my tune? New tune uploaded. Switched back to the HPT 2.22 version by copying and pasting from 2.23. Is that OK?

Running the stock 80mm pulley now on 15-16* timing. I need to do some logs of 16* as I just bumped it up 1* from the log posted on post #1.

I also changed my stoich to 14.4 for the E10 'middle ground' that the local gas stations have. Hope that helps with KR a bit by running a little richer. Comments on this?
    Last edited by csementuh; 07-13-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Cory why is your VE so messed up?

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

I'm running a MAF only tune and have been since my 2.8" M62 days and beyond.

Once I get a setup I want to keep, and get it MAF tuned perfectly, I may do a VE tune and re-enable dynamic airflow. Don't really see much of a benefit for it however. People will argue both ways, but when it comes down to it people like Bryan (Area47) and others who have made big power run MAF only.

In my one histogram is show injector pw vs AFR error. Does the injector pw need tuned? I believe on my tune the min pulse width adders are disabled. If they weren't is it safe to adjust these by percentage? I don't ever remember reading anything on injector tuning besides having the 'correct' numbers, which in this case came from the mighty spreadsheet.

I changed the tune back to the stable release so it should now open on both.

Bump for advice!

Bumpski!

Bump!

Tuner in Training
    Hey, if you are looking to tune your pulse adders, Schafer did up a great howto. The first part of the doc is tuning ifr's and what not, read through it, the pulse adder stuff is there.

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111378

Thanks for the info! I have my Min Pulse Width set to 0ms now, and I believe many people are doing this now on 80's. No Short Pulse Adders to deal with. The car seems to like that. I just have to battle a vacuum leak now.

Tuner in Training
    Not to necro-post intentionally but I have to ask, did you ever get a workable VE table on a 2.8TVS and if so can I see it? I'm working on a cammed 2.7TVS and I feel I'm close now but I'd like a compare.

Tuner in Training
    You could run more timing if you were a little richer at wot, try 11.5

Tuner in Training
    ok, here are a few things, try ramping your timing up through wot. You jump up to 13 and just hang out there, try adjusting your timing so it is lower at the beginning and you should be able to push some more as you go up, you may be knocking from hitting too much timing too early, and its just building from there. Secondly adjust your wot fueling, your pe enrichment ratio doesn't match your a/f ratio at all, as well it is jumping all over the place (11.770 11.270 11.270 11.590 11.890 11.830, this is your wot a/f ratio.). Setting your pe enrichment ratio to 1.3 and running a wot a/f ratio of 11.3 might be a good way to go for you, just a suggestion.

Tuner in Training
    oh, and uh, fix those trims!