Thread: DTC's and Readiness States

Tuner in Training

DTC's and Readiness States

My bone stock 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP won't pass inspection. The car is a M6, with a 6.2L LS3. It's bone stock mechanically and has minor engint tuning: torque managment, PE etc. I haven't touched any of the MILs related to emissions.

When I do a DTC scan it shows two failures: Evaporative Stytem and Oxygen Sensor. The car runs great and gets an avg 19.5 MPG all the time.

Any help would be appreciated. I really don't want to visit the dealer.

I've only been scanning for the past 3 weeks, no flashes. I probably logged 600 miles since my last flash. I read all the posts on this an just need to get rid of one of these to pass in my state.

Thanks
    Last edited by RWD-V8; 06-15-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Are they showing "Incomplete"? If you look around, you can find the GM procedure to run the readiness checks... usually helps most people get them to go through. EVAP is a pain to do, though.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Ugh... found the process. What were those ODB-II engineers thinking when they created the paramers for this. It's like you need to do it on a load bearing dyno or on the salt flats.

See if reloading the stock tune makes a difference.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I think I'm going to try that now. I tried to get through the evap readyness test 3 times so for without either causing and accident or getting a ticket. It's not very specific when it come manual trans cars. No luck with that....
    I'm going to search around to see if there is a way to get the O2 readyness to pass by turning off one ore more MIL message in the tune.

Tuner in Training

Still fighting the DTC Readiness Thing

I'm still fighting this. The dealer I bought the car from said it's taken them 3 months to get some Pontiac G8s to pass the readiness tests! So I'm trying to get mine to pass and now I'm seeing some ECM DTCs. What do you guys think of these. No code show on the vehicle dash information center.

My car is a 09 Pontiac G8 GXP, LS3.
    Thanks