Thread: Ghost timing for SD tuning???

Ghost timing for SD tuning???

It seems to be more frequently when I'm tuning in SD lately that I get erratic timing showing up on the logs. I've tried at times to log just for this, but haven't found the real answer yet. Here are some random examples.

Advanced Tuner
    I have noticed this as well in the past.

Tuner
    have you zero'd out your burst knock tables, the change in airflow apparently confuses the PCM and causes timing like your seeing with SD tune. zero all the burst knock tables and see how you go, just make sure you listen for det on a couple of power runs.
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

I had this happen to me as well on my Camaro and I went through and double checked everything I could and stumbled across my dynamic airflow disable RPM being set to stock but running SD. I set that disable RPM from 4000 to 9000 and it fixed my problem.

So you may try doing that.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400