Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shift Issue? Lag on WOT

Tuner in Training

Shift Issue? Lag on WOT

Ok so i have some logs of this if needed but, recently I have been tuning my 04 Silverado with boltons (still need to add Vette Servo) and basically im having a lag issue on full throttle. Lets say im rolling 20mph and I go WOT, the log shows almost 2secs of no gear kickback and no rpm increase then it just happens and then feels great.

Any ideas off what i either may have off, or issues that come to mind?

Advanced Tuner
    I know what you are talking about,04 models seem to be the year with that issue.Not all of them do this from what I have noticed but some do.From what I understand there was a TSB on this?? I may have been misled though.

Tuner in Training
    Just did a long a bit ago and well its about a 2-2.5 sec lag before it jumps back in gear, TPS is 100% and all but its like nothing happens then bam... So annoying..

I'm curious about what you are describing. Could you explain it a little more? I'm wondering if it is like what I am seeing. For me, at WOT, if I scan "Current Gear" and rpm, I see the gear number change then 3 more cells of increasing rpm before the rpm drops. I don't know what that is telling me. Is that what you see?
    2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG, 2001 A4 3.42 Vert Vette

Tuner in Training
    Im going to create a new Config so i can see what the gear and TCC is doing. But basically it feels like to me from back in the day cars ive built like the tranny is not kicking down in gear quick enough. Ill be posting back later tonight.

Tuner in Training
    SO I have a screenshot of a log and the area in the yellow box is the problem im talking about, basically you see the TPS go 100% but almost 2secs happen before the RPM and gear kick back happen. I forgot to add the gear change log to it but ill be doing a new one to see if i can try and pinpoint the problem

Can you post up your tune file.

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Tuner in Training
    Here ya go...
    04 Silverado
    CAI (Homemade)
    Exhaust
    Still need to install Vette Servo

Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    Can you post up your tune file.

Ian

Tuner
    Does your truck have an electronic throttle?

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I wish it did not.

I have taken the ECT limits away as well under torque management

Quote Originally Posted by Nick 2K2 SS View Post
    Does your truck have an electronic throttle?

Tuner
    Well I downloaded your tune file and checked out a couple of tables I had in mind but it looks like you already took care of them. I was looking at the ETC TPS Max in particular and that's already at 100 for all values. I thought maybe the VCM was not allowing the ETC to open all the way as soon as you go WOT and maybe that was causing the delay.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah those settings was the 1st thing i did when i got HPTuners. And adjusted Torque Management

Quote Originally Posted by Nick 2K2 SS View Post
    Well I downloaded your tune file and checked out a couple of tables I had in mind but it looks like you already took care of them. I was looking at the ETC TPS Max in particular and that's already at 100 for all values. I thought maybe the VCM was not allowing the ETC to open all the way as soon as you go WOT and maybe that was causing the delay.

Try putting the stock values back in the PE Enable table, you have them all zero'd out.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Tuner in Training
    Yeah i zeroed them out to try and see if that was causing it, so either way it still lags.

Quote Originally Posted by 69lt1bird View Post
    Try putting the stock values back in the PE Enable table, you have them all zero'd out.

Tuner in Training
    ...well its super crazy i did a log of transmission pids and all, and it even shows that its downshifting to 1st but there is a lag that acts like a carb boging, or a TB not opening then it jumps, so weird and no one tuners wise locally can even isolate the issue

Have you tried adjusting the shift speeds for the 2-1 downshift.
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    Have you tried adjusting the shift speeds for the 2-1 downshift.
    Thats what i have been working with now but still seems to not make a difference... Maybe i still havent hit the right spot.

Tuner in Training
    Some new updates, I have also been tunning my pops truck with about the same mods etc except, his tires and wheels are smaller and its not a EC, otherwise the same, and his is instant like a cable TB, so is it possible that my 04 and his 03 have different pedel positions in the beta version making his work better?

See picture let us know.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    See picture let us know.
    Ill get back to ya soon, replacing a starter and battery tomorrow well battery... who would have thought that a battery would loose a cell and the starter go bad at the same time, but i confirmed it and it has happened lol. SS starter in (a bit more umph) and optima red top going in tomorrow.