Thread: LNF- Need a little info/help for a new guy

Potential Tuner

LNF- Need a little info/help for a new guy

So i bought hp tuners a week ago and just started tuning my car after reading a bunch of threads on here. I started with the base tune BYT uploaded and then followed the LTFT + STFT that he and a few others came up with and woww that worked like a dream. Thanks guys. i got control of my fuel trims pretty well for this being only my third change on the base tune. I know they need some tweaking still but now i have a couple degrees of knock in some cells and some misfires it says. Hopefully someone on here can help or guide me to fix it. Im going to post up my latest log and i would like to know if it looks safe to you guys ha. Its only been tuned for two days so if there is a problem i want to know now before its too late ha.

sorry for long post ha
    Ryan

Advanced Tuner
    post up your tune aswell.

Potential Tuner
    alright here ya go

Potential Tuner
    bump

anyone have an idea why it misfired at those one or two places? should i change the plug gap or is it something to do with timing?

Advanced Tuner
    Everything looked pretty good to me (limited knowledge). Didn't see any crazy KR or wild swings in your STFT. As far as misfires go, you could check your plug gap and follow the recommended gapping for tuned SS/TC's (don't remember at the moment). From what I understand, its pretty normal to have 1 or two misfires. So long as you aren't throwing a CEL/blinking CEL for a serious misfire, I'd say you're ok?

I see many misfires a day on my normal 50 mile commute, it's increasing with the hot weather and around 10k miles on my plugs. Time for new ones soon.

A few is no reason to worry.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    I noticed the same thing with the misfires and hotter weather, is there no way to tune out the misfires?

Just have to keep the fuel trims as close as possible. That's all I know. I checked my plugs this morning, the NGK 3787's looked fine and the gaps were right on .032, but I put the 6510's back in to see if it makes any difference in the next week.

Tuner in Training
    try fattening the fuel tune for the summer that should kill the kr and maybe get rid of the misfire

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 0cavalier3 View Post
    try fattening the fuel tune for the summer that should kill the kr and maybe get rid of the misfire
    Can't say that I agree with that with regard to the LNF.. I've noticed that when it's as hot as its been here in AZ (110+ degrees with IATs in the 115-120 range) that this engine/PCM is extremely sensitive to too much fueling. From what I've noticed on my logs is that a little too much fuel/negative trims will almost always result in KR and that some slightly positive trims don't really seem to affect much.

91 octane piss water doesn't help either.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the replys. And yeah figured it wasn't too serious because there was no cel. But overall the car runs much better than stock and can't wait to see what she runs on Friday. Is there a way to alter launch control rpms on hp tuners? Cause I'm thinkin 5500 or what ever is too high

You can try setting the RPM limit to 2500 or what you want in Neutral, I think that will limit it whenever the clutch is depressed but I never tried it.

I don't use LC since tuned.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah makes since.. I'm going to try it tonight and doo a couple 0 to 60 runs and 60 to 100 runs and see how good its runnin

yeah, use the RPM limit to use as your launch control, i used to have mine set at 3300-3400 RPM's... I could floor it and it would stay to where you command it.

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned