Thread: AEM Wideband

AEM Wideband

Any solution yet for getting an AEM Wideband to work with HP Tuners yet?
    HAI, 180* T-stat, Autolite 104's, NorthStar, Gen V, 1.8 SLP Rockers, SLP Ported Headers, Custom 3" Downpipe w/high flo cat, Dynomax Catback Exhaust, DHP PCM, Fuzzy Dice Mod.

They don't work ?
    Whats the problem ?

Been using mine with it for years
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Tuner in Training
    AEM works GREAT with HPT. It should already be setup for you to use. Just add the pid.

From what Im understanding, it wont work in beta for standalone logging. works real time scanning tho. Mine does, I have the exact same gauge.

Tuner in Training
    I haven't tried standalone logging with mine in beta, so maybe that's it.

Advanced Tuner
    Standalone EIO was disabled in the latest beta as they are working out some issues.
    GM World Class Technician
    ASE Master Auto Technician
    L1 Certification
    2001 Silverado 6.0L Swap

Using the standard PID, it just reads 12.5 on the scan list and on the chart it also says 12.5 and stays there. My commanded AFR does the same in the charts but changes on the list to read down to 10.3 at WOT. The commanded AFR seems to match the same as the wideband but I can never get it to log properly. Is it possible I have it hooked up wrong to the Tuner? Red wire to #1 input.
    HAI, 180* T-stat, Autolite 104's, NorthStar, Gen V, 1.8 SLP Rockers, SLP Ported Headers, Custom 3" Downpipe w/high flo cat, Dynomax Catback Exhaust, DHP PCM, Fuzzy Dice Mod.

Did you connect the ground wire to the 5th spot on the EIO plug?
    The pre-defined transfer function for the AEM is volts / .5 + 10, which would mean that the MPVI is reading a constant 1.25V
    Try watching the voltage using a DMM to see if it changes or stays constant.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Ground wire was the problem. One of my buddies had the same issue and he didn't know about the ground wire either. Fixed his on my break and just got mine to work.

Thanks for the answer!

So can you log in beta?

No wideband can do stand-alone logging in beta now, its disabled. I asked Bill about it a week ago and he said hopefully within a couple weeks it would be re-enabled. you can log wideband with laptop, not without.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT, IHRA Modified, NHRA Pro ET

Bill, any luck with getting standalone WB logging re-enabled?

2008 Pontiac G8 GT, IHRA Modified, NHRA Pro ET

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same issue as 04 Intimidator was having without the ground fixing it. I checked my voltage with a DMM and it is changing voltage @ my white wire from a little over a volt to almost 5 volts but still only reads 12.6x-12.8x until I played with my config and got it to read 15.6x constant without change of more than .10 also attaching my modified config i'm using. I have also tried it with and without a ground wire attached to slot 5 along with the white wire in slot 1,2,3, or 4 with the same issue no matter how I have it wired. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ArcticLS1FL; 06-13-2012 at 11:39 AM.