Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo ls6 backfires and pops in boost???

Quote Originally Posted by dark-one View Post
    Should i reference it with a check valve so it only ups the reg with boost
    No, let it see vacuum.
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Advanced Tuner
    Are you running 80lb low or high impedence injectors? If they are low, the stock ecm will not run them. Stock ecms are designed for high impedence only and you need a injector driver, usually any injector over 60lb needs a driver controller. I set me fuel rail pressure at 55psi and boost reference my FI cars 1 to 1. I am running 1000 hp on 60lb injectors at roughly 96% duty cycle.

Lifting, lowering, bolt on performance for any vehicle. In house CNC services. Turn key Sand Rails, Quads, ATV, UTV. Wheels and Tires.
    Dynojet 424LC and 250IX Certified Tuning Center
    335 Kietzke Lane, Reno, NV. 89502
    P: 775.327.4400 - F: 775.327.4401 - Email: [email protected]

They are high impedence siemens deka #80. I referenced it and fixed some exhaust leaks. I'm going to retune and see how it runs then. Its reading 12.2 afrs at idle and rich everywhere Constant popping through the exhaust
    Silverstone 93 Mazda Rx-7 ls-6 swap

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dark-one View Post
    They are high impedence siemens deka #80. I referenced it and fixed some exhaust leaks. I'm going to retune and see how it runs then. Its reading 12.2 afrs at idle and rich everywhere Constant popping through the exhaust
    Wow, that is very rich at idle. Shoot for 11.0-11.5 under boost. Anything richer can cause a lot of popping. Leaner then 11.5 on a FI application can be trouble.

Lifting, lowering, bolt on performance for any vehicle. In house CNC services. Turn key Sand Rails, Quads, ATV, UTV. Wheels and Tires.

Advanced Tuner
    You cant just put 80's in your injector flow rates. You have to scale them.

Set your fuel pressure to the standard 58psi and run some near correct data for the injectors, here's a copy of my turbo tune, its a 402cu ls1 with 80lb inj(actually about 96lb at 4bar). im running a single turbo setup on my engine aswell, my inj setup is for a non referenced reg as i found it better and more consistent to control fueling on boost transitions that with it being boost referenced with my setup.
    My tune was made in a beta system so you might not be able to open it.
    if you can veiw my tune try my inj data and fuel pressure and re tune your ve table and see how you go, no guarantee's but having hald decent inj data will make the process easier.
    Id gap the plugs down to 25thou aswell but i dont think this is the cause of your issue.

Oh and another thing can i have your car please? i want to do the rx7 conversion aswell but the s6 and newer fd's are so bloody dear over hear its not really worth doing it as a complianced fd rx7 over here is about $20k usd to start with befor you do anything with it.
    Last edited by Delft Calais; 06-14-2010 at 02:51 AM.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Wont open but if you can post up a screen shot of it. I will also pm you my email if you wanna send them that way
    Silverstone 93 Mazda Rx-7 ls-6 swap