Thread: Table Reference Map

Table Reference Map

Does anyone have a working map of what tables reference what other tables?

For instance, OLFA table affects what other tables/settings, what tables do the stoich setting effect, etc.

Sort of like a chart/diagram/heirarchy to show the logic/process of the PCM interacting with the tables/maps, etc. What is the PCM's workflow?

I am asking because I have noticed the MAF table does not use the PE table the same way as the VE table (might be wording that wrong). I set PE TPS to 0 under 1200 and that effectively forced open loop when I am tuning VE and it works. I can set the VE table at idle to maintain an AFR of 16:1 in the idle cells and it works.
    I set the MAF tuning map to do the same and set the idle cells to 14 so it would idle around 16 and it worked.....until I started driving. It read the commanded AFR as 15.x at part throttle at all times so it is obviously using the information in the tables differently than the VE does......

I don't even know if that made any sense, sorry, but if anyone can interpret this, can you help?
    Last edited by Higgs Boson; 06-13-2010 at 12:02 PM.

It would be so complicated to read it is not worth investing the time lol

It doesn't make sense. PE enables off settings. MAF and VE have nothing to do with it. At part throttle and over 1200 RPM, you will not be in PE more than likely and it should command stoich.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

The PE TPS at 0% is causing open loop but it will only reference the OLFA table (either way MAF or VE I guess) rather than the PE ratio. I set .9 in the PE table and .89, 1.0, whatever in OLFA and it always goes to the OLFA table and I don't know why.

It takes what ever is richer. If OLFA is richer than PE, it will use that value.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

If I set OLFA to .89 and PE to .9 it should take the .9 right? I tried that and it is still going to OLFA.

Or am I interpreting the tables wrong? They are both inverse of lambda, right? Lower numbers are leaner, right?

Put them at like 1.1 and .9 so you dont worry about rounding errors.

I would want OLFA at .8 so it would be leaner than PE (.9) since it chooses the richer, right? But then it would be commanding lean in those MAP cells at all RPMs when not under 1200, right? I guess not in closed loop, it would ignore the OLFA table and always command stoich, ok cool.... but,

If I put OLFA at 1.1 it will be richer than PE and will not use PE.... No?

So the bottom line is if you are in the middle of tuning open loop with a WB, hold off on 0'ing PE until you are done and then go back in CL and retune under 1200 so the OLFA doesn't screw you up, but you still have to change your OLFA idle MAP cells to something leaner than your PE setting so it doesn't pick OLFA over PE (I guess you could also make them equal).

Correct, I was saying to do that to make sure you know you are in one or the other and there is no rounding up or down errors.