Thread: Problems with 3 bar OS won't go over 105kpa

Potential Tuner

Problems with 3 bar OS won't go over 105kpa

I'm trying to tune a turbo car running at about 10 psi of boost. When I'm scanning it or trying to RTT the MAP won't read over 105 kpa.

Have you tried deleting the map pid and re applying it it should say 2bar or 3 bar with it.
    Have you also rescaled the map sensor in the tune and have you confirmed that the OS upgrade is installed.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

...and are you sure you have the right MAP sensor (if the scanner is setup correctly).
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like he may have not installed a 3 bar sensor or isn't scanning the 3 bar pid.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Yeh I had the same problem. changed my MAP sensor from a 1 bar to a 2 bar and everything started to read correctly. If your car is like mine, the sensor is in the back of the intake manifold. I left mine in to plug the hole and brought the wiring out with a short adapter and vacuum hose and did a relocation. Worked out perfect. I am running 8lbs boost on a Procharger.
    2000 CamaroSS, ProCharger P1SC 8lbs boost,SLP Maf,Subframe,Adjustable torque Arm,MSD wires, ignition and coils,3.73 gears,eibach lowering springs, SLP Linelock, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters, Strange Shocks with Coilovers front Strange Shocks back, BMR front and rear swaybars with rear adjustable location brackets

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for all the input. I haven't had another chance to mess with car yet. It has the correct sensor in it but i never changed the pid in the scanner so i'm thinking that may be the problem. I let you guys know what i find out.