Thread: K&n Sri

Tuner in Training

K&n Sri

For anyone interested in the new K&N SRI. I had the chance to log a car with it installed. This was a trifecta tuned car I believe. I don't know if the MAF tables were stock but I'm guessing they are.

Thanks for posting that!

Advanced Tuner
    Oh my god... That poor soul is in KR City!

Thanks for posting this.

Tuner in Training
    I don't think that is real knock. The scanner goes nuts sometime and I cant figure out why. Does it on my car occasionally also. Maybe its something with the HP tuners beta I have.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I don't think that is real knock. The scanner goes nuts sometime and I cant figure out why. Does it on my car occasionally also. Maybe its something with the HP tuners beta I have.
    After looking at the fuel trims, it looks to be brought on by a severe lean condition. So I'd say that's real.

However, I do know what you mean when you say scanner freaks out. Any time mine does that, it usually only shows knock on cylinder 4, not all, with the primary cylinder being number one such as the case with what you posted.

Tuner in Training
    Well if that's real knock than that's pretty bad. Maybe someone in the Chicago area could help this guy out. I'm not an experienced tuner by any means but that amount of knock cant be good. Occasional when I'm scanning my car It will start showing a lot of knock. I can usually fix it by rebooting the computer or unplugging the scanner and plugging it back in. Seems like a software thing to me. It only happens maybe 1 out of 10 times scanning the car. Ill check next time and see if its only showing it on cylinder 4.

Advanced Tuner
    Me either man, I'm far from experienced. I'm still trying to learn and get a grasp on things... Thanks again for sharing this with us.

Where in the Chi region is he located?

What year Slobalt?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    I met him in Des Plaines. Its a 2009. Not sure of his exact setup but his car has a external BOV. He goes by skuruc on CobaltSS.net.

Too far from me, prob 100 miles. I only have the '08 M.Y. license. I'm not going to try and tune an external BOV, never tried to before.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    he's got a bunch of stuff for sale. I offered him 150 for his dp but I havnt been able to get on css to read their forums, not enough time.

I've just been logging my car bone stock tonight (got the new MPVI today finally) and honestly its not much different than that K&N log. My new car is running -3.1 LTFT and -3 / +2 STFT depending on the RPM/conditions. I dredged up logs from my old Coupe when it was bone stock and it was running -9 / -11 LTFT heh.

So perhaps K&N has a winner of an SRI on their hands?
    Last edited by Gimpster; 05-28-2010 at 11:28 PM.