Thread: MAF DTC disabled- Car wont run

Tuner in Training

MAF DTC disabled- Car wont run

Ive seen this more than once. So I searched and didnt see anything specific. What am I missing

If I set all MAF DTC's to No error report, on an SD tuned car- the car wont idle and run. Im assuming there is a setting that I need to modify to avoid this as Ive seen this twice in a row. Help. thx =)

Stock displacement, turbo cars Stock or nearly stock Cam/ heads - Maf Removed. Cars run awesome If I just let the DTC be set to Mil on first or 2nd error. Never becomes and issue. 2 different cars - Both 2 bar SD enhanced OS
    Last edited by Silverbird; 05-27-2010 at 09:33 AM.
    Fight Win Prevail - Joe - 97 Special Edition

Are you getting a Reduced Engine Power message or any DTC's in the scanner?

Advanced Tuner
    If you set the DTCs to No Error Reported then it will not go into SD mode. If you wish to leave it at no error reported I dont believe their is any way around having it run with that setting. The pcm needs to have the MAF error codes thrown for it to revert to SD.
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 05-27-2010 at 10:22 AM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Set P0101, P0102, and P0103 to 2 - No MIL Light.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

I am pretty sure you can set those to no mil light with ses box checked,or first or second error and uncheck ses boxes.
    As said if you put in no error reported it wont' go SD
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Senior Tuner
    2000 F-Body code WILL run speed density with the MAF codes set to "no error reported"...but I have not seen it work with any other OS. There might be a few other outliers, but for the most part, you have to let it report the error in the background...also, because of that, if you clear the DTC's and then start the car, it may stall the first time before it reports the error in the background.