Thread: Is this burst knock????

Advanced Tuner

Is this burst knock????

I got my gto dynoed today. Is this burst knock? I only see it going into wot. Is this something that should be addressed?

By the way i made i made 422 rwhp. Now i need some heads. Thanks Mr Jannetty, I had a fun day.

Yes, as the knock retard pid is 0, and the total knock retard isn't. Log burst knock retard to verify.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Yes, as the knock retard pid is 0, and the total knock retard isn't. Log burst knock retard to verify.

Russ Kemp
    Thanks Russ, Do i need to do something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post

Russ Kemp
    This...

99% sure thats burst knock. Not a bad thing, only thing is with excessive burst knock, it still triggers knock learn and the car will revert to the low octane tables with excessive burst knock

Advanced Tuner
    i dont even see any

Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    i dont even see any
    look at KR on the guage cluster and "total knock retard" on the table and you'll see it

Advanced Tuner
    I took 75% out of the burst knock table. Will 2 degrees of burst knock still trigger knock learn? Am i best off just to zero this table? Here is a quick scan with a few bursts.