Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stomp Compensation tables

Jesus. Sounds like a clusterfu... Mess. A set of 8 ID1000s in that thing would do the trick.

SD is easy.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ttz06vette View Post
    Dropped the noise threshold to "1" on the DBX and added 25% to my transient mass gain impact tables from 20-50 MAP range and 104 - 421 degree IVT. Although this is probably not the most elegant solution, as soon as the car dips lean due to airflow, transient kicks in and compensates. It solved 95% of the problem.
    In effect it is telling the ECM that more fuel is left on the walls in these table areas so add more fuel to compensate.
    Good to know. I wasn't sure if the DBX controls were going to be enough. I added a laminar flow insert to the MAF to smooth out the idle issues I was having due to it's placement immediately after the air filter but this transient stuff was killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Jesus. Sounds like a clusterfu... Mess. A set of 8 ID1000s in that thing would do the trick.

SD is easy.
    I was an early prototype of their 1000hp kit. They have actually fixed the hardware setup on future models but after having my car tied up with them on three separate occasions for months to fix other things, they chose to solve this with the Maf setup. It really is a pretty cool setup as the car runs like factory on the first 8 injectors until the extra fuel is required. Great gas mileage, no injector drip, etc. It just needs fine tuning. Like I said i got it 95 percent there with me tweaking transient based on my limited knowledge of tuning and all of my readings from this forum. I do agree that sd would get me there completely...I just need to keep learning

Shoot me a PM. I think I could point you in the right direction.

I would have to say your issue is the MAF. It could be a slow response from the Abaco. Also is the MAF signal going through the fueling computer also, that will also slow the response to the PCM. I know who makes that fueling computer and it is a really good unit, however it is dated and we used to use them when the technology was not where it is now. Understand why you have it and that is fine and it will work. I would work on the MAF and going back to the factory Hitachi. Can you send me a pic of the intake setup you are using. I am actually designing some new MAF housings and one of them may work for you.PM me and I will send you my email.

Thanks

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbott View Post
    I would have to say your issue is the MAF. It could be a slow response from the Abaco. Also is the MAF signal going through the fueling computer also, that will also slow the response to the PCM. I know who makes that fueling computer and it is a really good unit, however it is dated and we used to use them when the technology was not where it is now. Understand why you have it and that is fine and it will work. I would work on the MAF and going back to the factory Hitachi. Can you send me a pic of the intake setup you are using. I am actually designing some new MAF housings and one of them may work for you.PM me and I will send you my email.

Thanks

Justin
    It's a powertrain contol solutions xfc fuel controller. It is only using the map signal to control output to the secondary injectors. I need to stay with the abaco for now as the car runs much better than with the stock Maf or even the LPE 100mm unit. Spent way too much time trying to make them work. I will send a pm.

I know I had some issues with the LPE on forced inductions cars as well but it is fixable, same with the Hitachi. If your car was up here we could get Russ from PCS involved also. I just got back from his shop picking up some 1600cc injectors. They have a little four cylinder that runs 12 of those injectors. Crazy, but that's another story. I am curious on how your car is running now and if you got it fixed. I have not been able to get my Abaco MAF to work. I sent it to them and they said it was fine, we put in the car and there is no ouput from it, either HZ or IAT. I even loaded every setting on it with the same thing, but still no luck.

I know I had some issues with the LPE on forced inductions cars as well but it is fixable, same with the Hitachi. If your car was up here we could get Russ from PCS involved also. I just got back from his shop picking up some 1600cc injectors. They have a little four cylinder that runs 12 of those injectors. Crazy, but that's another story. I am curious on how your car is running now and if you got it fixed. I have not been able to get my Abaco MAF to work. I sent it to them and they said it was fine, we put in the car and there is no ouput from it, either HZ or IAT. I even loaded every setting on it with the same thing, but still no luck.
    My car is running great!. Abaco is doing what I need it to do. LTFT /STFT pretty much "0". Even better since I ran it through DSTECK's excel model.
    It sounds like you have a problem with either the connection or xfr function algorithm. Did you connect the USB cable and load the appropriate MAF curve for your car to the appropriate column in the table? Is the selector set on the column the data is loaded into? Do an output dump of the data from the MAF to be sure the data actually has flashed into the MAF.

Jesus. That sounds like a bunch of crap I don't want to deal with. Lol.

Talking

My car is running great!. Abaco is doing what I need it to do. LTFT /STFT pretty much "0". Even better since I ran it through DSTECK's excel model.
    It sounds like you have a problem with either the connection or xfr function algorithm. Did you connect the USB cable and load the appropriate MAF curve for your car to the appropriate column in the table? Is the selector set on the column the data is loaded into? Do an output dump of the data from the MAF to be sure the data actually has flashed into the MAF.
    That is where I can't get them to explain why I can't see any information that has loaded to the MAF. You have to open a file which does not show what is actually on the MAF. I do upload from it once I am in the file and it just shows what was previously already there. I would like to be able to just upload without opening and see what it comes back with. When I flash it, it show the status and that it has flashed. I have tried everything with the selector, even flashing the same thing to all of the available slots in case there was an issue with the selector. DSteck, I agree with you 100% I was done trying to make there stuff work, too much to mess with when there is a easier solution. Had it worked like it was supposed to in theory, it would be great. However it seems that everytime have had a aftermarket MAF or a modified MAF (before I knew better) they are just end up being junk. At least with the LPE it is just a housing and a OEM maf, but they don't have some of the data for it, which again leaves me figuring out someone else's part.
    Anyone one to buy a new or on a car one time Abaco MAF

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Jesus. That sounds like a bunch of crap I don't want to deal with. Lol.
    After the models you built in the other threads, this would be a non event. The MAF has a USB port that lets you program up to 8 or so tables which correlate input signal to output for different cars or transfer curves. You have a small selector dial that lets you point at the curve you want to use for output. You can download these tables into your PC as well for tweaking or modeling. If there is no data in the table, you will not get an output.

That is where I can't get them to explain why I can't see any information that has loaded to the MAF. You have to open a file which does not show what is actually on the MAF. I do upload from it once I am in the file and it just shows what was previously already there. I would like to be able to just upload without opening and see what it comes back with. When I flash it, it show the status and that it has flashed. I have tried everything with the selector, even flashing the same thing to all of the available slots in case there was an issue with the selector. DSteck, I agree with you 100% I was done trying to make there stuff work, too much to mess with when there is a easier solution. Had it worked like it was supposed to in theory, it would be great. However it seems that everytime have had a aftermarket MAF or a modified MAF (before I knew better) they are just end up being junk. At least with the LPE it is just a housing and a OEM maf, but they don't have some of the data for it, which again leaves me figuring out someone else's part.
    Anyone one to buy a new or on a car one time Abaco MAF
    Hmm...I never had that problem. The selector only effects output. I did the same as you and loaded the same data into all columns in case the selector somehow gets set to another column. Then I dumped the data back into a new file to check the flash worked. Once I saw the data was there it worked fine. It worked wonders to smooth out low rpm drive ability issues that would result in bucking conditions, spark drop, torque management, etc., caused by airflow turbulence. The LPE 100mm MAF I had before was more forgiving then the stock, but never solved my problem completely.

Hmm...I never had that problem. The selector only effects output. I did the same as you and loaded the same data into all columns in case the selector somehow gets set to another column. Then I dumped the data back into a new file to check the flash worked. Once I saw the data was there it worked fine. It worked wonders to smooth out low rpm drive ability issues that would result in bucking conditions, spark drop, torque management, etc., caused by airflow turbulence. The LPE 100mm MAF I had before was more forgiving then the stock, but never solved my problem completely.
    Now I see what you were referring to in the DSTECK maf smoothing thread. It's nice to know there are others using the Abaco maf.

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Quote Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp View Post
    Now I see what you were referring to in the DSTECK maf smoothing thread. It's nice to know there are others using the Abaco maf.

BJK
    I was pleasantly surprised the MAF really does work in terms of the smoothing. Probably overkill if you don't have a problem like I had or were willing to fix the root cause. I just spent way to much down time troubleshooting the design challenges. Car is now 100%.

I was pleasantly surprised the MAF really does work in terms of the smoothing. Probably overkill if you don't have a problem like I had or were willing to fix the root cause. I just spent way to much down time troubleshooting the design challenges. Car is now 100%.
    Good to hear that. I also, several years ago, decided that I wanted the smoothing of the Abaco when I upgrade from the stock maf that is still in my car with the APS TT. Their intercooler feed to the maf is curved and the stock honey comb was able to handle the turbulence but fell short of range under wot.

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

FWIW, it sounds like you didn't do the wiring pinout right when installing that MAF.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Just an update, using both pure transients and stomp tables I've solved just about 95% of my cars stumbling about with a blower.

The information listed on the previous page works pretty well for PD blower applications too!
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    FWIW, it sounds like you didn't do the wiring pinout right when installing that MAF.
    I didn't do any wiring, it came with their wiring kit for plug and play, and I checked all of that, it was correct. I like there idea of using four inputs to get the airflow data so that MAF is capable of providing a smooth function even if the airflow is somewhat turbulant, but believe me I gave it every effort to make that MAF work and the service from Abaco was less than stellar to try and solve the problem. Their software is not difficult, it could be better but it is fairly easy to understand. According to their software the MAF was flashed, however you can't check that because you load your program before you can download the MAF. It would be nice to be able to not open a project and just check to see what is on it. The MAF is sending out nothing like it is blank even though it is not, and even Abaco said it was loaded with my flash. Even the IAT comes out as -40 when plugged in which is common when there is nothing. So I have spent way more hours then what I should trying to make their product work. They would not send me another one. I am not going to put my name or reputation behind it, because when it fails, int he customers eyes it is my problem and it is since I chose it. So I will use the stock Hitachi, but it means that I have to solve for the IAT. By the way of which Abaco also did not do. They use the same IAT curve for all of the GM which is what the guy on the phone told me. So depending on what you are using it in, your IAT curve may be way off.

Also, if you unplug their MAF and plug in a stock one, it immediatly gives you the correct IAT for that IAT and a AMF HZ frequency if the car is running. Nada from theirs. But according to them it worked fine. So I could never rely on that part in any of my customers cars. It is here collecting dust, Maybe on day I will blow the dust off and take it apart and see what is wrong.

My IAT readings in my scan look normal. It has to be a bad MAF or harness wire/connection. I agree with your statement regarding their customer support however. We are pretty much on our own.