Thread: Help with my tune on an 07 Lincoln Mark LT 5.4

Help with my tune on an 07 Lincoln Mark LT 5.4

I am pretty new to tuning fords, i have done 8 chevy's now and that is getting easier for me. All the tables and parameters on fords is soooo much different. Is there a place i can go to online to see what changes what? Or if anyone who is fairly experienced in this area wants to see my tune let me know. I haven't done much to the tune but disable the engine tq management and try to add a little full throttle timing and lean out the part throttle fuel table. I adjusted shift points a bit too. Truck is still on 87 octane with no pinging whatsoever. I've done a few chevy's that were borderline pump gas but this one is more of a highway driver, close to a 1000 miles a week. Just looking for a little more usable power and a bit of fuel milaege on this one. But i am really interested in tuning fords because in my area nobody can!!

Advanced Tuner
    Hey,
    I'm in exact the same boat!
    & to make things worse I'm in australia, but if you give me the base tune & the modified tune I may be able to help as I have a few other people helping me!

But seriously if your in any doubt no worries I just thought I'd shout out!

Cheers Grant LS1

Yeah there aren't alot of tuners using hptuners for fords yet.
    I attatched both files.

Make the changes as shown. Also zero out the IMRC spark & variable cam spark tables. Then you can use my .cfg file for scanning, if your truck only supports Commanded Lambda then set up the custom pid to convert Lambda to AFR.

Then adjust the Maf voltage table to get the actual AFR to match the commanded AFR. Make sure the truck stays in open loop by maxing the Closed loop delay, and the CL O2 Sensor table. I do the WOT part of the tuning in 2nd gear.

For the trans shift firmness, add 20 psi the entire upshift pressure tables & add 10 psi at a time if you want firmer shifts, leave the downshift tables stock. I would multiply the upshift torque management tables by 1.5, and leave the downshift tables stock to start with. Set the TCC up as shown.

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by Russ K; 05-16-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    OK Sorry Russ Beat me to it,

But He's advice would be a lot better than mine!

Let us know how it goes & feels!

I'll give this a try as soon as i get a chance, hopefully tonight. Thanks a bunch guys!!

Tuner in Training johnnystunner's Avatar
    russ or bobby.... may i see the final tune file? or maybe just the tranny screen shot of the final tune? ford tranny tuning is like a swipe to the head...