Thread: (please help)fuel trim prob on stock 98 camaro ls1

Tuner in Training

(please help)fuel trim prob on stock 98 camaro ls1

had car 3 week
    changed new delco maf, changed injector, changed 02 sensors (denso),59 psi fuel press,new delco plugs,the car has LFT 14% (no vac leaks) car runs good. It has a slp lid/flowmaster. could that be the 14% fuel trim at idal.
    13.6 @103 shouldent it be closer to 13.3-13.5 105-107
    it knocks 2/3/4 about 2-4 digree at wot
    i need to check fp at wot

Tuner
    Is the MAF a stock style metal ended one and if so, did you leave the screen in it? Even with that lid if you left the screen in, the FT's should be pretty close to 0. If you used a corvette style (plastic) MAF, then you need to get it tuned ot dial in the FT's as they will be off.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the adavise mike last night my LTFT was 18% at idle w/ screen in, cruzin it around 19-25% i dont no if it in normal on stock
    yes it is a plastic vette style should i leave the screen in or take it out. It look like a much better design.when i tune is it best to tune the ve table for cruize/idle.
    what about WOT, do i tune ve table for it
    i am a complete newbe at tuning fuel table.
    something else i noticed if i power shift (M6)it shows knock but if i grandma shift i dont seem to get nearly the amount of knock
    like if i race 2nd/3rd/4th i get a lot of knock,if i grandma the gears or like a 4th gear pull no knock my first 6 speed i ever messed w/

Tuner
    No matter what you need to tune the MAF curve in for that meter. Start by adding 14% or so to the entire table. Go up in 1% incriments from there if you are still showing a positive %. You want it to be right at around -1% or so. Also make sure the entire curve is off if you do this, not just the idle. get it up to about 100g/s by cruising at a high rpm in closed loop and see what it is there. You can also disconnect the MAF and set it to fail at 0hz and tune the ve table from there if you wish. If the car is completely stock the ve table should be fairly close (but definitely not perfect though).
    If you are running with a MAF all of the time though, definitely get that table dialed in. WOT stuff will be hard without a wideband, but if you are off the same % on the fuel trims at idle and at 100g/s, then it is a safe bet to change the entire table.
    Knock on a hard shift is normal, there is alot of noise happening at that load and changing condition.

Tuner in Training
    is there any easer way to add 14%to the intire (maf cal table) exept manual doing every number individlly

when i shift hard it knock the whole gear
    when i shift soft no knock
    that normal