Thread: 2010 Silverado DOD?

2010 Silverado DOD?

On my 2010 Silverado to turn off the DOD, is it as simple as to change the DOD to disable? It seems the 2008 and later PCMs are quite different. Or does it require other changes with that to turn it off? Thank you for any help.

Tuner
    Yes that should turn off DOD. Question though. Why would you want to completely disable it? You could just change the vacuum settings so that it won't come on as early and it would kick out of DOD sooner when a load it applied. That way you could still get a little benefit from having DOD. If your truck is strictly for performance, then I guess I could see turning it off completely. Personal preference I guess.

Potential Tuner
    I agree with Nick. I had someone else do a base tune for me, and he turned off DOD. Since I'm commuting with the truck, I turned it back on, and am playing with increasing how easily it goes into and how long it stays in V4.
    Got the technology to have the power and a little less of the poor mileage, why not use it?
    I think the exception would be if you have a high-lift/high-rpm cam and worry about the AFM lifters.