Thread: Calibrated Success-unsupported parameter and other questions

Potential Tuner

Calibrated Success-unsupported parameter and other questions

Feeling empowered after watching Calibrated Success, I watched the video for a third time in start/stop/do-exactly-as-told mode. I built each custom pid and table (I think) as was explained in the video. I am using an Innovate LM-2 WB connected with the proper analog cable to my Pro interface. I start the target vehicle and am rewarded by the lambda display in my EIO. Regardless of what I do, the PIDs for Lambda_err and Calculated Lambda gray out and show "unsupported parameter."

I am at my wits end with this thing and my laptop nearly entered lunar orbit after my last effort. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong with the enclosed config file?

While I'm seeking help, in the section of the video where Greg shows the setup of the Lambda meter, he shows the output of the meter, then simply shows the equation of voltage/4 + .55. Can anyone explain where he got the '4'? Answers to these questions would hopefully get me on my way.

Thank you in advance for your help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Custom pid's are stored in the VCM Scanner.cfg file not your config file so the file you've posted really doesn't help much at all.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Bill, is that the 'default imperial' config file?

Quote Originally Posted by HCCPerformance View Post
    While I'm seeking help, in the section of the video where Greg shows the setup of the Lambda meter, he shows the output of the meter, then simply shows the equation of voltage/4 + .55. Can anyone explain where he got the '4'? Answers to these questions would hopefully get me on my way.

voltage rang/lambda range
    spreadsheet to help configure a custom pid.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No its the file named VCM Scanner.cfg located in your hptuners-settings folder. Its the only place the custom pid's are stored.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Here's the correct config file

Quote Originally Posted by HCCPerformance View Post
    Those equation values are only correct for my particular wideband's output. Your LM2 almost certainly has a different relationship between volts and lambda, so you need to make the equation match the output of your own wideband. If it's a straight line output, it'll follow "Y=mX+b". Y is lambda, X is volts. In my case the "m" is .25 units of lambda per volt of output, which is the same mathematically as 1*volts/4 as needed in the HPT setup. 0.55 is the lambda offset for my meter's linear output. You may have to do a little simple algebra to solve for the right coefficients with your different wideband if it's not already supported in the HPT defaults.

Potential Tuner
    I am a little confused with the video as well. This is the closest post I found so I am posting here. The Lambda Pro manual shown in the video shows the following info

0V at Lambda = 0.55 or AFR = 8.0
    5V at Lambda = 1.75 or AFR = 25.5

As many have stated the “4” would come from (V_Range/Lambda_Range) so

(5-0)/(1.75-0.55)=4.1667 not 4 as used in the video. As I am a beginner, I am not certain how critical this number is but when the upper voltage range approaches it’s limit of 5V, the function used in the DVD should produce a difference of 0.05. I’m guessing this is insignificant, but also curious if it was done on purpose to compensate for something? Sorry for questioning the details. Just curious as I found it nearly impossible to find any useful range information for my Dynojet Wideband 2. I get what I paid for.

Potential Tuner
    I got the following response from Dynojet today. Figured it might help others.

Wideband 2 analog signal

0V at Lambda = 0.68 and AFR = 10.0
    5V at Lambda = 1.22 and AFR = 18.0

lambda = (Vout * 0.108) + 0.68
    AFR = (Vout * 1.6) + 10

lambda = (Vout / 9.259) + 0.68
    AFR = (Vout / 0.625) + 10

Keith Lockliear
    Technical Support Manager
    Dynamometer & Performance Products
    Dynojet Research Inc
    Free: (800)992-3525
    Fax: (702)399-6385

so what is the last post saying sandseeker?
    SRT 10 without any mods. But still hella fun too drive.
    93 fox coupe with a 427 in the works.

Tuner in Training
    "I am at my wits end with this thing and my laptop nearly entered lunar orbit after my last effort." LOL, I love it. I'm getting the EXACT same error.

Tuner in Training
    I resolved this issue. If anybody needs help with this please PM me.

In the video he doesn't tell you that you need to log the AFR hi resolution. Or whatever you use to create your user defined commanded lambda. If its not added then your lambda commanded and lambda error will show not supported