Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DTC Readiness Test

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for your help. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out if or what I missed. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. below is an attatched file. Did I miss something? I still have an SES light after a drive cycle.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbCunliffe View Post
    Thank you for your help. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out if or what I missed. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. below is an attatched file. Did I miss something? I still have an SES light after a drive cycle.
    Copy over my DTCs and this should take care of the problem.
    Last edited by 8850; 08-30-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you, I will try this now.

Potential Tuner
    "! Unable to open file
    index was outside the of bounds of array"

Is this because I am running windows 7?
    Please bear with me I am doing my best trying to learn

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbCunliffe View Post
    "! Unable to open file
    index was outside the of bounds of array"

Is this because I am running windows 7?
    Please bear with me I am doing my best trying to learn
    You need beta 2.23

Potential Tuner
    Where do I get Beta 2.23? You my call me and expalain quick if you dont mind(or anyone else for that matter).
    Last edited by HerbCunliffe; 06-27-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: pulled my phone #, got the call I needed

Senior Tuner
    Email support at: [email protected]

you need to email support with the serial number from the back of your box. They will add a download link to the beta for your account on the website.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Potential Tuner
    Thank You

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone know the releationship between changing these DTCs to "no error reported" and getting the readyness test to run. Is there anyway other then driving the car under the prescribed conditons to get these test to actually run, regardless of whether there are actual problems or not. If HP Tuners could get them to run that would be great. I've been trying for weeks to get mine to run on a completly stock vehicle.

Thanks 8850, I had missed the P2270-73 checks.

Thanks for this thread guys. Could not get the tests mentioned to not be "incomplete" and could not figure out what DTC's I was missing. I even compared my tune to 8850's and didn't see anything obvious but setting them all to "no error reported" did the trick.

Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Thanks for this thread guys. Could not get the tests mentioned to not be "incomplete" and could not figure out what DTC's I was missing. I even compared my tune to 8850's and didn't see anything obvious but setting them all to "no error reported" did the trick.

Bill, I just went back and took a look at the file I posted and don't know how but I posted the wrong info. You want all items with a check and "no error reported". Sorry for the mistake.

I went in and corrected it so it should be good now. My screen shot on page one was correct. Sorry for the error!
    Last edited by 8850; 08-30-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Ah, ok. Makes sense. Thats the only way it worked for me; with all DTCs set to no error reported. The SES checkbox didn't seem to matter. I could still have the MAF disabled and all tests still went to complete so I don't have to go tune my MAF.

Good trick. Thanks.

Bill Winters

Senior Tuner
    I didn't try without all boxes unchecked so I suppose from your results it doesn't make any difference in that respect. With the boxes checked it worked so that's what I went to the inspection station with.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA View Post
    You have to enable the rear O2 sensor DTCs as far as I know. So if you have no cats, you will need O2 simulators in place of the sensors to fake out the PCM.
    No just set them no error. I don't think anyone even makes o2 sims that actually work anymore do they?

Tuner in Training
    If one were to try this, and the vehicle didn't keep running... one would think because of the MAF. If one sets the MAF codes to 2-No MIL (101,102,103) and she cranked and stayed running. should be good to go now right?

Having the MAF as No-MIL wouldn't cause an issue for emmissions, correct?
    2006 Ext Cab Silverado 5.3L HO 4x4 * Radix MagnaCharger * 3.2 Pulley * 90mm TB/J-Tube Conversion * Autometer Gauges - Wideband, Fuel Pressure, Boost * Volant CAI w/Ram tube * Pacesetter LT and ORY * Magnaflow Dual Rear Exhaust * Magnaflow 5" Resonator * 6" RCD Lift * 35" M/T ATZ * AR Victor Teflons 17x8 * 4.56 Gears * Mag-Hytec Diff & Trans Cover * TruCool 40K * Ride-Rite Air Support * FLT Lvl 5 w/300M shafts & Vacuum Mod

I kept my P0103 DTC to mil on first error (no DTC light) because I am speed density and it did not pose a problem when I got the emissions tests done.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    I have put about 1000 miles on my current tune and still have not got evap and o2 sensor to say complete. I passed emissions with two failed reediness monitors and a dyno test. Just want to make sure it is all working properly, how long should it take to complete naturally?

Tuner in Training
    After burning up over $200 of gas in my 2500 silverado trying to clear the evap code I decided to come here and start searching for a "fix" and found this thread.

I just wanted to say...

I love you guys.

...and I mean that in the most homo-erotic way possible.