Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TVS with 80#s problem

Any ideas on a good one?
    Last edited by Dennisscars; 05-13-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Misread
    First Atom on E85
    Flex:Fuel - 85% Hippie Tears

"The slowest driver in the slowest car in the slowest class is having more fun than anybody in the stands." - Mike Stephens

Tuner in Training
    Give this a shot. I modified the fuel tables using the 04/26/10 version of the Omega/04Redline spreadsheet with the pulsewidth fix.

(attachment wouldnt upload): BikaT00n for Todd 80s0513201091100.hpt
    Last edited by Pyros777; 05-14-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Tuner
    I had always thought the problem was in the injector tables, BUT...
    I was told by a tuner much wiser than myself that I shouldn't start troubleshooting at the injector tables, so I started with maf, then VE, then PE enrichment, and ruled out pretty much everything but the fuel tables.

Thanks
    2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged - 3xx whp. *Gone*
    2014 Camaro M6 - Too slow.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah it figures. Always make sure MAF, VE, and PE are dialed in. If theyre accurate 90% of the time like you described, with only certain rpm/map levels showing symptoms, it is safe to assume the fuel needs to be tweaked.

Definitely let us know if that tune works. If it does then Omega/Redline are the shizzle.

That's really cool! But have question about Min Pulse width. The Siemens 80 LB Injectors spec sheet shows a 1.9 ms min PW. (1.3 open/.07 close) so I'm confused with the locked cell (B99)of .102ms shouldn't it be 1.9 and recalc.

http://www.racetronix.com/product/In...1_Brochure.pdf

I'm just trying to back into the numbers so I know where I'm starting from.

Also how is -4.31558E-14 (Q103) going to paste in at -14 decimal places when the preceding is only -2. Then it gets back on track at 2.5 (V103) Hmm wonder if this is an 07 conversion problem..

Damn it, I'm getting close..
    First Atom on E85

"The slowest driver in the slowest car in the slowest class is having more fun than anybody in the stands." - Mike Stephens

Tuner in Training
    HMM!! Hadn't noticed that little bug. Another thing is that when the value from V103 is entered into HPT, despite having 6 decimals available, it still rounds it to 0.000000.

Definitely will ask Omega about this.
    Last edited by Pyros777; 05-13-2010 at 11:51 PM.

After scratching my head, it may not matter since it's under 1.9ms. Also found it weird that it would round down from .0251 to .0234.
    Also found weird that the samples showed a short pulse of 4 and MPW of 1.102 and the spreadsheet yielded 0 and .102 respectively.

The main table looks much more believable from everything I've seen before, cut sheet shows 0.65ms offset. I'm liking that, just a bit gun shy from everything I've been finding thus far. I like my numbers repeatable.

I'll try this weekend.
    First Atom on E85

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisscars View Post
    After scratching my head, it may not matter since it's under 1.9ms. Also found it weird that it would round down from .0251 to .0234.
    Also found weird that the samples showed a short pulse of 4 and MPW of 1.102 and the spreadsheet yielded 0 and .102 respectively.

The main table looks much more believable from everything I've seen before, cut sheet shows 0.65ms offset. I'm liking that, just a bit gun shy from everything I've been finding thus far. I like my numbers repeatable.

I'll try this weekend.
    I believe the screenshot shows a typo that was later fixed in the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet should be accurate. I run 60's for now, but I also had a few numbers round differently for my in HPT. It should be OK. I changed all my 60's tables yesterday to correspond to the spreadsheet, MAF tuned with my WB, and the car ran smoother that ever. The sheet seems to be dead on with 60's. I am hoping the 80's values may fix the OTTP tune, as I am thinking of buying a TVS from them, and I would like a decent base tune. Someone try it already!

Thanks, I like what I'm hearing. Will give a try Saturday.
    First Atom on E85

Thanks to all for saving my arse. Voltage offset works like a champ.

As expected the VE table that I had dyno dialed needed to be reduced pretty much globally by 20%. IFR was maxed for 60's then faked at VE +about 20%.

MAF reduced about the same amount, but runs better VE only. The larger MAF I had put on in an attempt to not overflow is not sensitive enough at idle. May be able to go back to the smaller one but I'm liking the way it runs under SD and no O2 anyway.

I'll report back after next track day..

Bika sorry for the threadjack but I bet this is some/most of your problem.

Can't say as I'd recommend OTT's tune..
    First Atom on E85

Anyone try the 80# injector mapping from the spreadsheet with their OTTP tune yet?
    Bike or JapEatr..?

Waiting to hear how much you guys like your TVS before I spring on mine...

spring on it...i am going to be working on it extensivly this weekend. i bought the wifey a 2010 Ford Escape so im driving her 2005 excape while the SS is chilling in the garage

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Great. Can't wait to see how your setup runs once the tune is dialed in. I'd be interested to know what all needs changed in the tune once you get it running alright.

I'm also interested in seeing if the 2.9" your running will be good without meth? I really don't wanna do meth too, but I'd like to safely run a smaller pulley.

OK, UPDATE #1- VCM suite came in the mail last nite, OTTP sent me an updated tune file to try out, so after work i will be getting the car licensed and new file flashed on there.

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

I tuned a TVS car last night w/OTTP's TVS tune on it.... It was LOL.. 1psi of boost, stumble choke spit.. no accel lol.

Advanced Tuner
    that is sad that the tune given out with the kit is shit.

If you want that tune file I have it on my lappy at home, I can post it if you want lol. It honestly won't help you much tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros777 View Post
    HMM!! Hadn't noticed that little bug. Another thing is that when the value from V103 is entered into HPT, despite having 6 decimals available, it still rounds it to 0.000000.

Definitely will ask Omega about this.
    The limit of HPT is 5 decimals... so there is a point where that spreadsheet is more accurate than required.
    As well the lower limit is .00781... anything below that is automatically entered as '0'.

I wouldn't be too worried about it, anyways, as the most recent version of the table has completely turned off the short pulse adder all together, upon suggestion by the guys at OTTP.
    I personally don't turn it off... but it makes thing that much quicker to dial in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisscars View Post
    Also how is -4.31558E-14 (Q103) going to paste in at -14 decimal places when the preceding is only -2. Then it gets back on track at 2.5 (V103) Hmm wonder if this is an 07 conversion problem..
    I think you may have misread that table. 1.75s (P103) is the last real pulse adder on that table. Everything from 1.875s (Q103) and on is an extreme fraction of a second (less than .008), and should read as zero in HPT (read explanation above).
    Put the chart in table view and it will make sense.

As well, for anyone else using the 80's spread sheet, and still wants to use the short pulse adder... divide the valves by two, and leave your short term limit at 4ms. While it's not perfectly accurate, it will avoid any headaches of chasing rich idles and surging.
    Last edited by omega_5; 05-20-2010 at 01:29 PM.
    Tyler

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    If you want that tune file I have it on my lappy at home, I can post it if you want lol. It honestly won't help you much tho!
    who wouldnt want to hit only 1 psi and have no power. lol POST IT!

please post screen shot of correct short pulse and injector tables...

384whp/303wtq