Thread: misfires 2006 grand prix gxp

Tuner in Training

misfires 2006 grand prix gxp

I have very slight misfires on multiple cylinders.

only shows up during scan. no stumbling.
    one for a couple of seconds then back off.

happens at idle, cruising.

Tuner
    Is it throwing a SES code?
    I know from scanning my 2006 GP GXP, I get a lot of knock retard when DOD is active. You might want to log the DOD requested status bit along with your misfire PID's to see if it's only happening when DOD is active. That might help narrow it down a little for you.

Tuner in Training
    which status bit is the DOD requested status bit

Tuner in Training
    no ses codes are thrown.

car doesn't feel like it stumbles.
    computer is recording them

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mspeterso View Post
    which status bit is the DOD requested status bit
    While you are in the scanner, click the icon to display your status bit table. Then right click on an open cell in the left column and pick insert. Then you will get a window that pops up much like when you insert PID's into your primary table. Then Scroll down through that window and find the one called "DOD Requested". Double click it and it should appear in your status bit table now. When driving the car it will switch from "no" to "Yes" when the ECM is asking for DOD to activate.

I got your e-mail too. My car is stock except for the minor changes I've made to the tune. I have not had a chance to get it on the dyno and fully tune it yet so I have not adjusted any of the fueling or main spark tables much. I will reply to the e-mail with more information and a copy of my latest tune for you to compare against.