Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The reflash failure thread...

Potential Tuner
    hello guys I have a Ford Escape 2008 3.0L gasoline.

I read my standard file with powergate from alientech.to and got it tuned deom a tuner from Europe but now the car doesn't start, it seems that the error waas the tuned file.

The car now doesn't start only cranks, fuel pump sound funny.

Is there a way to flash this car back to stock somehow?

The read file and it weights 1,536kb, I guess I have a 512kb file and another 1024kb file all in one single file.

Hope someone can give me a hand

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Our product does not support ford escapes. You might want to contact your tuner for resolution.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Just took about 10 tries to write to a 2006 Mustang GT Auto, finally got it to work, was starting to get scared. I'll try some of the techniques people were listing for next time.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Are you using 2.22 or 2.23 fwdgtp?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Latest beta, no flash failure, flash time downm to 4.10 mins on average. Nice work guys!
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner
    Wow that a long flash time
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Advanced Tuner
    BA's are slow... even seen them take up to 8min...

Advanced Tuner
    +1 for 8 mins+, my xcal 1 averaged this routinely. HP Tuner was around 7 to 7.5 mins initially. Water every was done the last beta for flash speed and stability improvement has worked very well!

Tuner
    ohhh thats right i remember seeing the one BA ive seen flashed took ages, my bad have only really played with BF's. sorrt guys S*** call on my behalf
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Potential Tuner
    Tried flashing my ba today, tried for about 2 hours. Must of had about 30 attemps but kept failing. Tried door open/ closed, interior light on/ off, laptop charger connected/ disconnected. It finaly worked when i put a trickle charger on my car battery. I didn't have a multimeter on hand and i've never had any battery issues but i'm guessing my batterys steady state voltage is dropping off causing the issues.

Potential Tuner

getting quicker

got the latest update today, works heaps better, flash time car i did other day, 3min50 , new software flashed same car, in 1 min30, now just to get the knock sensors in logger to work????

Advanced Tuner
    BA XR6 now about 4.20 to flash.. nice work!

Potential Tuner
    I Have found that by saving the file, closing then restarting the editor program after a fail will usually work.

Advanced Tuner
    Im now getting the odd sub 4 min flash and havent had a fail for a couple of months.

Even while surfing the net while writing too the PCM!

Did have a read fail last night tho

Advanced Tuner
    i still get a fail if surfing the net... so i just leave it be!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Im now getting the odd sub 4 min flash and havent had a fail for a couple of months.

Even while surfing the net while writing too the PCM!

Did have a read fail last night tho
    i found having a decent high amp (16amp) charger connected up (boosting voltage to 14.4) the read write fails are nearly non existent.

Advanced Tuner
    I havent had a write failure in Ages, then out of nowhere two failures this weekend.

Im putting it down to the cold weather

Advanced Tuner
    LOL^ I had the exact same thing today & haven't in ages!

I thought the pcm was stuffed it failed 10+ times at 0.70% & had already had jump pack on it for the last 5 times before that!

All of a sudden it decide to re-flash, but I had flashed a tune in 4 times earlier that morning & no problems! WEIRD!

Tuner
    I havent had a reflash failure till i downloaded the lastest beta a couple of weeks ago.
    Thought it may have just been coincidental.Today i reflashed my xrt with another tune,ran ok for a while then started to run pig rich on the way home.went to reflash the original tune and the flash failed.Now it says cannot locate vcm.Tried numerous times.Fails the key on off timeout as well.fuses ok,power at obd.
    Have i fried my vcm?

Tuner
    Just an update on this one.Dissconnected everything,
    and left the car on the trickle charger for 3 hours even thou the battery voltage originally tested ok.Hooked everything back up and reflashed without a problem,Must of just been one of those days.