Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The reflash failure thread...

Tuner in Training
    I will have to try and log TPS 1, TPS 2 and TPS and see how they relate to each other. I get values closer to what I have seen in logs using a different formula (83/4.9)=16.9, .71*16.9=12, 12 is about what I have seen at idol, 4.4*16.9=74.36 is close to what I have seen at WOT. This is my guess at the formula so take it with a pinch of salt.

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds interesting, to make it easier if it is?
    Here's a log of mine with TPS voltages & s@#t loads logged!
    Let me know what you think about anything else in the log of course!

Advanced Tuner
    Guys,
    I may not have explained myself propely. TPS2 is a 1.21v closed throttle and TPS 1 is ar 4.84v. At aprox 10-15% throttle opening the value (in my case anyway) drops to 4.2 on TPS 2 and .61v on TPS 1 and, So the % displayed goes to zero % at a throttle opening of aprox 10-15%, once past this point the voltage change is linear and consistant and tps1/tps2*100 provides a nice smooth output.

The problem is that the % reads 8-9% closed throttle, drops to 0 or even a -ve value then follows the throttle angle fairly closely (albiet 10-15% out)

I assume the PCM uses the voltage drop then increase and the inverse on the other tps sensor to determine that the throttle is shut?

Hopefully that makes a touch more sense?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Guys i think a few of you have gone off topic, this thread was for reflash failures.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Advanced Tuner
    ;right you are, I Pm'd one of the mods today to get all the ot stuff split and put into a new topic
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner
    Is there anything happening about fixing this issue as it is a absolute PITA

4.5 hours to flash Ba XR6t 4 times
    1. ok
    2. 4 Fails
    3. 3 Fails
    4. 9 Fails

There needs to be something done about this weather its software of a hardware update.
    Bill in other thread you said HPT doenst like to be 2nd Well I think Hptuners seriously need to FIX THIS ISSUE its been 4 months and appears zero has been done to fix these issues. Why doesnt HPT stop new os developments and actually fix the issues that have been dragging out for ever.
    I sent support plenty of emails about this issue at end of last year over 6mths ago. SO either HPT dont give a S#!T or the person opening the email are choosing not to forward them on to the people who can fix the issue as chris mention he wasn't aware of this issue.
    It might seem like im a little worked up but i guess 4-5hrs sitting in a hot car not game to move or cough in case it cause a write failure whilst time is being wasted with a very old issue

Advanced Tuner
    im interested as well.. havent heard anything since the 8th..

would love to know whats happening... as i said a few times before i can have a car that WILL fail at least 5 times with in 45min notice...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    im interested as well.. havent heard anything since the 8th..

would love to know whats happening... as i said a few times before i can have a car that WILL fail at least 5 times with in 45min notice...
    did you email Chris by any chance http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...1&postcount=54

Not much I can do from the states, Chris needs a vehicle to test on.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    yep emailed chris.. told him i have cars here with the problem.. he said he had a car there but when he went there didnt play up.. ive got cars here that play up every time...

Quote Originally Posted by STATESMAN View Post
    Is there anything happening about fixing this issue as it is a absolute PITA

4.5 hours to flash Ba XR6t 4 times
    1. ok
    2. 4 Fails
    3. 3 Fails
    4. 9 Fails

There needs to be something done about this weather its software of a hardware update.
    Bill in other thread you said HPT doenst like to be 2nd Well I think Hptuners seriously need to FIX THIS ISSUE its been 4 months and appears zero has been done to fix these issues. Why doesnt HPT stop new os developments and actually fix the issues that have been dragging out for ever.
    I sent support plenty of emails about this issue at end of last year over 6mths ago. SO either HPT dont give a S#!T or the person opening the email are choosing not to forward them on to the people who can fix the issue as chris mention he wasn't aware of this issue.
    It might seem like im a little worked up but i guess 4-5hrs sitting in a hot car not game to move or cough in case it cause a write failure whilst time is being wasted with a very old issue
    are you in melbourne?
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Hey Chris,
    No im in QLD

Advanced Tuner
    nearlly 4 months on and still nothing.. cant be high on your list of things to fix.. you would think after taking 3 years to get the release done it would work correctly and wouldnt have these issues..
    EVERY person i speak to has the same issue..

why should i put up with a product that is costing me a shit load of money every time one of my customers brings his car.. the amount of hours i have wasted trying to flash cars is beyond a joke...

i made the offer for you to come up here and see the problems first hand.. ive called Mario on more than one occasion for help as well so he is well aware of the problems how long is it going to take to get it fixed?

Advanced Tuner
    Ok Chris came up from Melb today and we isolated this problem,

His Laptop worked perfectly and mine failed every time

it seems there is a process on the laptop that takes the cpu usage up to 100% and this crashes the flash, this process was explorer.exe..

i did a quick google and found a lot of issues with this and may have fixed the problem with a simple setting change in the start menu, ill test a few things out tomorrow and report back either way..

would like to thank Chris for coming up and working out what was going on! was great to put a face to the name as well!

Advanced Tuner
    ok i think i have a work around for XP and Vista users

both OS's need to stop the search function.

to do this you need have have the normal start menu not the classic start menu.
    right click on the start menu and go properties
    then customize
    then scroll down to search files and choose and choose "dont search for files"

then click ok, then apply and then ok..

on vista upgrade to SP2 as well.

this appears to have fixed it on mine so let me know how you guys go

Advanced Tuner
    it appears that this option is only avaliable in vista..

unfortunalty i dont have a XP machine that is cause problems, only vista.. ill try and fine one i can use and see if it has problems,

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Was Chris using an XP laptop when he came out there? I know everyone at our chicago office uses xp...personally I have a couple of win 7 laptops & one vista but no xp anymore.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    yes Chris had XP... i tried it on another PC with XP and it worked fine as well.. so far mine has been working great.. ill know more next week

Tuner
    Ill hopefully get a car back this week to try it, I use xp all the time and it crashes and there is no option in the start menu properties to disable the search thing. I will get it and try to monitor process.
    Last edited by STATESMAN; 07-04-2010 at 04:43 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    epic falure today... the tricky BA came back and instant fail...

Tuner
    has ur computer reset itsself like a default to start file searching again?
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******