Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The reflash failure thread...

Advanced Tuner
    Mine does that occassionally too. Did you happen to leave it sitting for a while after it flashed?

80% of the time when mine does it the car is fine, I had done and Vcm read after closimg the write box down while is saying "retrying"
    and after comparing the tune i was trying to write and what was in the PCM they are 100% the same.

I have had the car run like a hairy goat too like you described.

OT but are you able to log TPS% and Boost on Ba's?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    im pretty sure you can log the boost and TPS on a BA..

Advanced Tuner
    Im not having much luck at the moment. TPS% stays at 0%, Tps voltage
    changes if i log that but its a PITA the interpret. I cannot for the life of me
    to get boost logging to work. I have tried the two different PIDS listed in
    the vcm help file to no avail. Im getting sick and tired of comparing map to baro. I have tried to write a custom PID to subtract BARO for MAP but i wind
    up with positive boost figures at idle (I WISH!!)

Advanced Tuner
    do you have a late beta? or on 2.22 still?

Advanced Tuner
    i have a late beta 2.23.7(??) got it from Bill only a couple of weeks ago, had the same issure before updating tho. Bill did tell me the boost PID was dropped from the beta i have

Advanced Tuner
    maybe try a older version and see if it is in there

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, I have tried the earlier Beta i have and the Non Beta that was supplied with my MVPI and no Joy unfortunatly

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The boost pid wasn't dropped, hiddeous is trying to create a custom boost pid himself but the units of the pid's he is logging were changed a while back so you just need to designate the correct unit until its fixed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Apologises Bill, I misunderstood, In the email you said the boost pid broken, So I assume it had be removed, When you say correct unit what exactly do you mean?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    since you are looking to see psi you must create a custom pid using psi, I know theres a way to do it in the beta just can't remember how I did it off the top of my head.

Advanced Tuner
    just use the KPA pid

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Im not having much luck at the moment. TPS% stays at 0%, Tps voltage
    changes if i log that but its a PITA the interpret. I cannot for the life of me
    to get boost logging to work. I have tried the two different PIDS listed in
    the vcm help file to no avail. Im getting sick and tired of comparing map to baro. I have tried to write a custom PID to subtract BARO for MAP but i wind
    up with positive boost figures at idle (I WISH!!)
    Via the debug file sent in we found ford screwed up a few things in the earlier cals including not supporting the SAE tps pid, as you've stated you should be able to log ETC 1/2 which will report back the voltage reading so you could likely create a custom pid to extrapolate a tps% but you'd need to know the formula for it(don't ask because I don't know it).

Advanced Tuner
    any luck on the reflash failures? its been over 3 months since this thread started and still no word on a fix for the issues.. i know things take time but surley it cant take 3 months to get to Marios to have a look at this issue when i know Mario has this issue as he told what he does to try and fix it...

its getting to the point where im going to have to get something else to tune fords.. which is a shame after spending ~ $13,000 USD with you on GM products and already investing a hell of a lot of time and money in this ford soultion..

a simple yes we have been able to replicate the issue and we know what the problem is and we are fixing will do the job..

i said i had cars here that do this problem, a airfare to sydney is under $100.. i can have a car here any day that has this problem...

I might have to come up there, i have been waiting for Mario to get a car in but he hasn't mentioned it yet.

email me and we'll work something out.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Ok will check when is a good time with a mate to get his car.

Will email shortly

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Via the debug file sent in we found ford screwed up a few things in the earlier cals including not supporting the SAE tps pid, as you've stated you should be able to log ETC 1/2 which will report back the voltage reading so you could likely create a custom pid to extrapolate a tps% but you'd need to know the formula for it(don't ask because I don't know it).
    I spent a bit of time last night trying to write a formula to turn the 3.69 volt range of the TPS to a % but unfortunatly its beyond my mathematical capabilities

Tuner in Training
    What is the minimum voltage and the maximum voltage that you logged, I would have thought the formula for TPS angle would be something like ((TPS voltage-minimum voltage)/(maximum voltage-minimum voltage)) x throttle angle max, assuming that throttle angle minimum is 0 in your file. For percentage change the throttle angle max to 100 in the calculation in the scanner not value in the ecu. I am pretty sure there is values that are set in the ecu that tell the ecu maximum expected voltage and minimum expected voltage, something like minimum =0.5v and maximum =4.2v.

3.4v, minimum=0.5v, and maximum=4.2V,maximum throttle angle=83degrees
    eg. ((3.4-0.5)/(4.2-0.5))*83=65.0 degrees
    ((3.4-0.5)/(4.2-0.5))*100=78.5 %

Advanced Tuner
    Hi Jeremy,
    The problem im running into is that the tps voltage on TPS 2 goes from 1.21 at closed to .6 at partially open through to 4.84 a fully open. Tps1 is the same but inverse to 2 (starts at 4.84 closed, drops to 4.2 partially open then follows the range through to .62)

I can log tps1/tps2*100, this is semi accurate but you still get a -ve % due to the drop in voltage once the throttle is cracked.

You also cannot read throttle angle on a BA only throttle start (close/open)

If you can write a formula to translate tps1 and tps2 to a useable % i would love to see it!

cheers
    Luke

Tuner in Training
    Is it possible to load a log so I can see what is happening.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a slightly earlier BA to Hiddeous, & looking at my log's it has;
    TPS 1 going from 4.38(at idle) to 4.11(slight touch) & TPS 2 going from 0.71(at idle) to 1.24(slight touch) no invertion at all.

But I tried using your mathematical equation & it says un-supported, but I'm not sure If I'm adding the -0.71volts in the right spot inside the bracket where each pid sens number is? & the I have a max throttle position sensor set in the tune file I think of 83% so I do*83 does it sound right?

Cheers Grant LS1