Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The reflash failure thread...

Advanced Tuner
    The ford pcms are very stable and unlikely to be bricked by a bad write, but they are known to be posseded by poltergiests and affected by the tides and phase of the moon when flashing........

Glad you got it sorted tho mate

cheers
    Luke
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner
    Lol,Yeah I think your right about the poltergiests,tides and moon bit.Thanks again for your input and help.You recently replaced your vcm I remember reading somewhere did you have to get someone with a IDS to enable it all to get it running again?
    cheers
    John

Advanced Tuner
    I actually purchased a bosch LT flasher to reset the PCM and BEM so i was able to do it at home.

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys,

New to the forum & desperate to get my XR6-T flashed. Any news on the update? Took it to Horsepower Automotive & they couldn't get the suite to write

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by pTz View Post
    Hi guys,

New to the forum & desperate to get my XR6-T flashed. Any news on the update? Took it to Horsepower Automotive & they couldn't get the suite to write
    Have them contact support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Had 1.10min flash times on a BF F6 today, havent done one for a while and was very impressed, didnt even need to use a battery charger while flashing.

Well done guys!!!!!

Now if we could only log wastegate DC..............
    02 BA XR6T, Crow Race Valve springs, centre muffler removed, 60lb siemens and stage 2 PW cooler+UB intake, 307RWKW at 12psi. SOLD

99 Nissan Patrol, l77 ls2 + 6L80 swap SOLD

2013 Gen-F HSV Clubsport R8 - Work in progress

Tuner in Training

Just remembered

Ironically, after just praising this system in another thread I had a car that would not flash for atl eaast 10 trys- Then I remembered that I had this problem with Chryslers when an aftermarket supercharger is fitted and that silly intercooler/heat exchanger transfer pump is constantly running with ignition on, I disconnected the fuse for the pump (this is a whipple on a 2006 mustang) and ta da! Instant reflash success.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah it is definitely weird. I honestly don't think anyone has a definite solution to the problem, but from what we can all gather is that it is either battery voltage or noise related. I doubt it has anything to do with what brand laptop, OS, or bios you are running.
    Even VCM Australia tell you to use a jump pack! If people can flash 1000 Holdens and every second Ford flash fails, what does that tell you. It is a communication issue somewhere between the Ford ECU and the software running on your laptop I have had days where the car will take 4 flashes straight!! Then on another day 10 write fails in a row! Hmmmmmm.

Tuner
    Back from the dead. I have a dead 2005 Ford sitting in my driveway. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow afternoon. It stops uploading the new file at random spots. Sometimes I make it to 80%, other times about 2 %. I've tried a 10A charge, 30 amp charge, no charge. Door open, closed. Its very hard for the mpi to locate the vcm. I can't go back to stock, and now the truck will not crank. Takes several tries. I need a solution here besides tow it to ford tomorrow and pay to have this guy's pcm rescued and choke on the license I just bought. HELP

Advanced Tuner
    What make/model laptop are you using? Is it set to some funky power saving mode that drops power to the USB ports?

I usually disconnect my wifi connection when flashing as I have had issues with windows updating at the most inoppurtune time.

Have you tried uninstalling the MVPI drivers and Reinstalling?

All accesories turned off when flashing? (ie headlamps,radio interior light etc etc)

I have found that after a failed flash I generally need to do the following
    • Disconnect MVPI from Laptop
      Disconnect MVPI from Car
      Shutdown HP Tuners on latop
      Power cycle pcm
      Restart Hp Tuners
      Plug MVPI into a different usb port
      Plug MVPI back into car
      Reflash
      Rinse/Repeat

Advanced Tuner
    Mine has been good the last few weeks. Were you able to get your cams dialed in nicely with HP?

I use a c-tek constant charger throughout any flash/tuning process due to having issues in the past, now the success rate is much higher but if it does have a fit half way through a flash do what hideous posted up as thats what i also have to do to get it to play the game again
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, I constantly use C-tek also. Great charger!!