Thread: lost pid's

Tuner in Training

lost pid's

Have any of you guys lost all of the diesel pid's? Actually, I don't even know if all the gas pid's are still available.

I have tried deleting the previous vehicle, reloading the program, restarting the computer, nothing works. When I am running a log file the previously unsupported pid's are OK. I am still unable to create a table or histogram with any new pids. Sometimes when I open my balance rate config file in the scanner, the program thinks it is in a 2002 Camaro/ Firebird. I don't know where that comes from as I've never scanned either of those cars.

It's really beginning to p1ss me off.

Here are two screen shots, the 1st one shows the only 3 options I now have under fuel system-injectors when just opening the scanner and wanting to set up table and histogram. There used to be all the pid's available as shown in the 2nd screen shot when I have a log file open. About the only thing I haven't done yet is rescan the truck but, that shouldn't be necessary, should it?

Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Roy

2007 GMC 3500HD, Sinlge Rear, ECLB, LBZ, Allison, 4x4
    - PCV reroute, EGR blocked, 4" turbo back dual out exhaust, pyro and boost gauges, led upgraded cluster and steering wheel controls
    2005 Chev 2500HD CCSB, Duramax, Allison, 4x4,
    - LBZ mouthpiece, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, pyro and boost gauges

Tuner in Training
    Update.

I have the pid's back, yippee!

But how I had to do it should not be necessary. I had to read my diesel truck again. It appears that the last ECM read is what the HP scanner program hangs onto , or something close in it's 'mind'. I had read my son's truck a couple of weeks ago. It is a 2000 with a 5.3. The program must think this truck resembles a 2002 firebird/camaro! I have never read a car ecm but, the 5.3 is an ls1 engine family so that must be enough for this program to call the truck a camaro.

I had clicked on the option to clear the last vehicle many times but that does not appear to have any effect on the program as it retained the gas configuration whether I opened the diesel cfg file or not.

Maybe I'm all screwed up and missed a clue somewhere in the help files. Anyway, I am back on course with the diesel! Now back to creating a few more histograms so I can do some scans.

If anyone has a different work around, please let us all know.
    Last edited by roy67ss; 05-02-2010 at 02:47 PM.
    Roy

2007 GMC 3500HD, Sinlge Rear, ECLB, LBZ, Allison, 4x4
    - PCV reroute, EGR blocked, 4" turbo back dual out exhaust, pyro and boost gauges, led upgraded cluster and steering wheel controls
    2005 Chev 2500HD CCSB, Duramax, Allison, 4x4,
    - LBZ mouthpiece, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, pyro and boost gauges