Thread: Used HPT?

Used HPT?

I have come across used HPTs from time to time I was wondering if I could end up with buyers regret because of licencing problems.
    Also does HPT lock to the VIN or the PCM?
    If I return a PCM to stock do I get the credits back
    I get the impression the interface has to be connected to run the software?

Advanced Tuner
    yes you can find them used.

stay away from serial unless the deal is stupid in your favor - they are no longer supported

even on a usb its only a good deal if there are enough credits remaining - do the math a new std. interface comes with 8 credits , thats $400 worth of credits for a $499 interface so if you can buy an interface for $350 but its credits are all used and your car isnt covered by its licences its not really a good deal , if your car is covered and you dont need to ever tune anything else that would be a good deal

once you spend credits even if you make a mistake they are spent and you never get them back - thats why they come with 8 credits , btw there are 3 warning screens before you spend credits with red lettering

the interface needs to be connected to work
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Quote Originally Posted by sreve View Post
    I get the impression the interface has to be connected to run the software?
    Depends on what you are doing. You link the software to the interface and can link the licenses. You can edit any files for licensed vehicles and save them without having the interface plugged in. You have to plug the interface in to license a vehicle and to write a calibration.

Quote: if your car is covered and you dont need to ever tune anything else that would be a good deal

Must be alot of that. Ebay auctions were getting stupid at the end. I bought a new Pro

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. The scanner looks real nice

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah there aren't many things I buy off ebay anymore.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"